IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Saturday, July 23, 2005


morrisday, originally uploaded by willisgirl.

This a picture I took during Morris Day's set. The fuzzy man to the right in the blue suit is Morris Day. The woman whose back of the head you can see is the one who almost came too blows with a pushy teenage girl during the end of the Boys II Men concert.


I did nothing today. I was laying low trying to recover from last night. All day my ears were ringing and I heard a slight feedback sound whenever I talked. The last time this happened was when I went to see U2 a couple of years ago. I guess they must have had the sound up way too loud last night.

QUICK REVIEW:

MORRIS DAY AND THE TIME
They were simply outstanding! Jerome really worked the audience. Morris Day looked the same. One would have thought that every night he wraps himself in saran wrap. The man is ageless and timeless. I took a photo of them when they were onstage. The funniest unintentional thing I saw was when Morris Day took off this white coat he had around his shoulders for the Gigolo’s Get Lonely Too set. The funny thing was that his back side was drenched in sweat. One of the up front regulars said, “Damn! Even his butt is sweating!” Morris Day and Jerome still have it! I suppose this is the closest I will ever come to meeting his purpleness, Prince.

BOYS II MEN
They were ok. I noticed that they were short a member. I’m not entirely sure if they were lip sinking. I think I might be prejudiced in thinking they were lip sinking because they did not have a live band backing them up. They also were wearing these mikes and were able to control sound levels with these small boxes that they had attached to their pants. I know that they are talented and all that but still I’m not 100% sure if it was live or Memorex.

Also a fight almost broke out at the end of the Boys II Men concert between this very pushy teenage girl and this older woman. The older woman was one of the early chair cult regulars. The near fight was caused because the girl almost knocked the woman out of her chair. The girl also almost pushed me out of my chair as well. In the end only words were exchanged.


link | posted by gail at 9:43 PM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com