IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Friday, July 22, 2005


artscapechairs, originally uploaded by willisgirl.

This is a picture I took of the chairs and people who were out at 4:00pm at Artscape's Sun stage. My chair was at the very far end behind the woman with the umbrella. The man you see in the background with the white t-shirt is the one that comes every year with the two little girls. Unfortunately, the umbrella was so big that it blocked the chair in this picture.

DAILY COMMUTE:
This morning I began my day by catching the #20 bus. The female driver had a flip hairdo. The bus whose number was #9431 was air conditioned.

Next at 5:07am I got on the #8 bus marked Loveton. The bus whose number was #9926 was air conditioned.

Like the majority of buses now days it announced warnings to passengers to be aware of suspicious packages. This announcement reminds of the ones that you hear throughout airports. The warnings first went off at 6:02am in front of Towson University.

With hearing all these warnings every day on a daily basis is it no that I’ve been feeling skittish lately about my safety. All in all I feel good about the measures I have taken. I know that there is nothing I can do to prevent a terrorist bombing on a bus that I’m on. However, I can prevent my apartment from being broken in when I’m away. Next I have to prevent myself from becoming a mugging victim. The best way I think to prevent this would be to learn martial arts....

ON THE WAY TO ARTSCAPE.....

For some unexplained reason my job allowed us to wear shorts this Friday. We were’nt doing anything special like a cookout or an ice cream social. It was very weird and out of the blue. I didn’t wear shorts to work because I found the whole thing bizarre. I mean why allow us to wear shorts if we aren’t going to be doing anything special. Was it all just, “Baby, show us your sexy legs day!” ?

Anyway, in anticipation of the start up of Artscape today I unintentionally got up an hour earlier than usual. I ended up getting into work at 6:10am. The reason this happened is that almost all the clocks in my apartment are set an hour or so ahead of time. So thus, I left out the house with my turqouise blue foldable chair at four in the morning. I guess you could say I was really excited about seeing Boys II Men and Morris Day.

If I have’nt already said it before I like going to Artscape on the very first day it opens. I like to take my chair with me to work then plant it outside in front of the stage so that I can be in the front row. It’s almost like a yearly ritual.

As luck would have it I ended up leaving out from work later than usual. At the very last minute extra work was piled on me.

Anyway, while waiting for the shuttle bus to take me downtown to Artscape I became afraid to get on the bus. The reason was that I saw an older man wearing a turban get on it. I know that statistically speaking a terrorist would most likely be young not old. However, the fact that he was wearing a turban and seemed to be talking rather cryptically on his cell phone frightened me. It made me wonder who is talking to? Was he planning to do something?

Also I noticed that an elderly also held back from getting on that bus. We both waited and got on the next shuttle bus that came. Again, I feel really horrible for feeling this way. I never used to be afraid of Middle Easterners....

When I finally got to Artscape it was 3:53pm. As I put down my seat in the small line of chairs that made up the first row I noticed a lot of familiar faces. I saw the man last year who came with these two girls who looked eerily like younger versions of my nieces. I also saw the big mamma’s boy looking man who seems to come with his mother. I suppose we form a pseudo cult of sorts. The cult of people who set out chairs for Artscape at an insanely early hour. The big shows of the day traditionally start at 7:00. I wonder if I’ll see them again next year? Also I wonder if I’ll ever beat them and be the very first person to put out a chair next year?

WHAT I’M WEARING:
Today, I have on a denim jumper and a striped shirt underneath.


link | posted by gail at 9:40 PM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com