IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

DAILY COMMUTE:

This morning I got on the #2 bus. The serial number on the bus was #9953. It again was a NABI and it was air conditioned!

At about 5:43 the light rail train arrived. I got on the very first car as usual. The car was marked #5046. There were just four people aboard not counting me. Also the woman I like to call the make up monster was aboard. I like to call her this because she wears lot and lots of makeup and is always applying it to herself while on the train.

At 5:51 the C light rail shuttle bus arrived. The serial number on the bus was #8816. The one thing I noticed was that there was a clear plastic bag over the fare box. Apparently, the fare box was broken. So our regular bus driver who looks like a pudgy version of Grady from Sanford and Son just waved us all onboard. While on board I noticed the bus was comfortably air conditioned. Another interesting thing I noticed was that the bus made this high pitched screech sound when it hit the highway.

On the way home I got on a B Shuttle bus. It was air conditioned and it was being driven by this Muslim woman who wore a blue head scarf. I feel horrible for writing this but I didn’t feel afraid to get on her bus because she was an African American Muslim. If she were a Muslim from the Middle East I would have felt a bit more apprehensive. I hate feeling this way..

I suppose it’s the current world situation that makes me feel a bit apprehensive towards people who look as though they might hail from the Middle East.

The light rail train I took home at 6:55PM, was marked Cromwell. The car I got on was #5015.

WORK NEWS:
On the up side, we got risers for our cubicle!!! We are sitting at Fisher Price desks no more! So I have no idea what my co-workers are doing in there cubicles. Everything is back to normal. I felt uncomfortable when we didn’t have the risers because it made me acutely aware of some of my co-workers odd habits.

On the bad side they recently painted the corridors to our building. Instead of the light nondescript tan/beige colour they are now an oppressive dark grey and nondescript tan/beige colour.

The new colour scheme reminds me of a prison. I wish that they would have kept the nondescript beige/tan colour or maybe have used the nice bright blue colour of our company logo. I suppose there must have been a discount on prison grey paint....

WHAT I’M WEARING:
Today, I have on the dark blue jumper dress that has an orange cross design on it. Underneath the jumper I have on a yellow ochre top.


link | posted by gail at 9:34 PM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com