IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Monday, July 25, 2005

MORNING COMMUTE:
This morning it was very rainy outside. I suppose the reason for this is that there is a warm front on the way. The heat wave that has crippled the other side of the country is moving to our region. Thus when you have a cold front hitting a warm front you get rain. Gee, I wonder if I’ve been following local TV weather too closely?

At 5:27 I got on the #1 bus. The bus’ serial number was #9524. The air conditioner was on. However, it wasn’t too cold.

At 5:37 I got on the North Avenue light rail train. The number on the train was #5036. I was the only person besides the driver aboard.

At 5:55 the B shuttle bus arrived. The number on the shuttle bus was #8912. The ceiling over my seat began to leak when we made turns on the highway. Earlier in the ride when we were on the city streets there was no indication that I was sitting under a leaky ceiling.

QUICK REVIEWS:

SHAGGY at ARTSCAPE
Yesterday, I saw reggae artist, Shaggy at Artscape. I know that I haven’t written this before but a lion share of songs on my iPod are songs by Shaggy. So I had to see the man, the myth, the legend, Shaggy live and in person. I was simply mesmerized by his performance. I was dancing and singing throughout the entire show. Shaggy loved the audience and they loved him back.

I also found it interesting that he does not talk the way he does in real life on his songs. He sounds like a regular person when he’s talking in between songs.

My two favourite performances this year at Artscape are Shaggy and Morris Day and the Time

HUSTLE AND FLOW
I saw this movie yesterday after I left Artscape for a brief point to later arrive to see Shaggy. I saw it at the Charles. There was a ticket taker there wearing what appeared to be a Napolean Dynamite wig. Seeing him frightened him. I think I dropped my ticket in fear when he reached out to tear it. Somehow I made it into the theater to see the show show.

Overall, the movie was brilliant. It’s about this small time pimp who dreams of becoming a rap star. The star of the movie Terrence Howard really made me feel for the seemingly unlikable character of DJay. Despite his character’s obvious flaws you end rooting for a pimp to make good. Also rap artist, Ludicrous appears in the movie as you guessed it, a rapper. Music legend Issac Hayes is also in the movie as a bar owner. All in all this was a very good movie I’d highly recommend it.

WHAT I’M WEARING:
Today, I have on denim capri pants and a watercolour-esq turquiose short sleeve blouse.


link | posted by gail at 9:02 PM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com