IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Thursday, September 01, 2005


energy, originally uploaded by willisgirl.

SoBe Energy drink tastes great! Over all it has a nice sweet fruity flavour to it. I thought that maybe I’d be wired all day and find it difficult to sleep at night. I was pleased to find that this was not the case. I think I have found my new beverage of choice. However, I’m not entirely giving up on my first love, Mountain Dew.



Yesterday, after work I was hanging with the Quakers. I went over to The American Friends Service Committee on York Road because they were holding a forum on the application of the death penalty in Maryland. I learned about the meeting from a flyer that came with Sunday’s church service handout.

I have always been against the death penalty and I thought that it might be interesting to participate in something for a change. When I got to the meeting I was surprised to find that the room was packed. The only place left for me to sit was in the first row. So there I sat feeling uncomfortable with no one in front of me.

From the forum I learned that there are were many steps involved in over turning a death sentence. I also learned about the significance of the analysis of Maryland’s death penalty that was done by University of Maryland’s Dr. Paternoster. The results of the Paternoster study succinctly proved race and geography determined who got the death the death penalty in Maryland.

The forum seemed to be taking the cause of overturning Vernon Evans death sentence. I was looking around the web to find more information about his case. I was surprised to find that he has a blog. OK, he doesn’t maintain the blog himself. After all he’s a prisoner on death row and does not have internet access. The blog is maintained by a woman named, Ginny Simmons. You type in questions on the blog while while Ms. Simmons prints them out for Vernon to answer at a later date.

The next meeting for the Committee To Save Vernon Evans will be held on October 4, 2005 at the AFSC on 4806 York Road at 7PM. I think I’ll go there as well as be a part of the vigil that they hold every Monday to abolish the death penalty. The vigils are held from 5-6 pm outside the prison complex on the corner of Madison and Fallsway.

WHAT I’M WEARING:
Today, I have on a white t-shirt and a black mini skirt that has a design of beige circles on it The shoes I have on are black slides.


link | posted by gail at 4:31 PM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com