IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Sunday, January 22, 2006

Today, I listened as usual to the BBC Radio 1s Chart Show with JK and Joel. While searching around the web I found
a fan run message board for JK and Joel.
In addition to hosting the countdown show it appears that they also host a Morning Show which is called a Breakfast Show over in the UK.



OFFICIAL UK TOP 10
January 22, 2006



1. Arctic Monkeys.....When The Sun Goes Down


2.Notorious B.I.G.-P.Diddy-Nelly....Nasty Girl


3. Will Young....All Time Love


4. Beyonce Ft. Slim Thug....Check On It


5. Shayne Ward....Thats My Goal


6. Nizlopi....JCB Song


7. Sun Block....I Will Be Ready


8. Hi-Tack....Say, Say, Say (Waiting 4 U)


9. Richard Ashcroft...Break The Night With Colour


10. Son of Dork....Eddies Song





First off the good news as far as the UK chart goes, X-Factor winner, Shayne Ward, has finally been knocked out of number one. He was replaced by a new Arctic Monkeys single, When the Sun Goes Down, which debuted at number one. Maybe its just me but I feel suspicious of a new single debuting at number one. I like the Arctic Monkeys however, there new song to me lacks a hook. I do not know..... Maybe I need another listen?

Anyway here is link to a short video of the Arctic Monkeys single, When The Sun Goes Down.




, originally uploaded by willisgirl.


Now the bad news, also in the top ten is the first UK Pop Idol winner, Will Young. He debuts at #3 with the ballad, All Time Love. Its a sweet little run of the mill ballad, nothing special. It should be noted that Will Young has branched out into acting. He appears in the movie, Mrs Henderson Presents. The movie stars Judi Dench and Bob Hoskins. I believe the movie is about an older woman who decides to open a strip club in World War II London for the, ahem, morale of the troops. Also I understand that Will Young does a nude scene in the movie....

Anyway, here is a short video link to the Will Young single, All Time Love.




, originally uploaded by willisgirl.


One of two big surprises in the countdown for me nationality wise, were Son of Dork. I always thought they were Americans until JK and Joel talked to the lead singer. Shockingly, they are British!! Their lead singer has one of those high pitched nasally singing voices associated with American pop punk groups like Good Charlotte and Weezer. Their single Eddies song debuts at #10 on the charts.

Here is a link to a short video of their single, Eddies Song.




, originally uploaded by willisgirl.


The other nationality shocker for me was Belle and Sebastian. I had no idea that they were British. It was also surprising to hear JK and Joel explain who Belle and Sebastian were. This was surprising to me because I have been hearing them on the radio ever since the inception of WTMD. And to think they are virtually unknowns in their own land..... Anyway, they debuted on the charts at #13 with the song, Funny Little Frog. To me it does not sound very remarkable.

Here is a link to a long form video of the Belle and Sebastian single Funny Little Frog.

BLOG NEWS
I have added a photo badge on this page from Flickr. It is HTML based and not the Flash version. I did not want to use the Flash version because it only displays the most recent photos you have uploaded. I preferred the html badge because it randomly displays three of the over 200+ paintings and photos that I have uploaded to Flckr. The photos it displays changes each day. The Flckr photo badge is on the left side of this blog below my weather girl badge.


link | posted by gail at 7:22 PM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com