IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Sunday, January 15, 2006

Today, I went to church for the first time this year. I didn’t go on Christmas Day because I wanted to be with my family. I know that sounds odd because of the meaning of Christmas, but Hey I logged in serious time in church last year. I admit I was not there as many times as the really tall lady with the curly hair. She is there so many times you would swear she lives there.

I didn’t go on New Years Day even though I really wanted to see what a sermon done by someone other than the usual ministers would be like. The reason I did not go was that it was New Years Day for crying out loud! New Years Day is the day I spend in recovery from eating the ginger bread house I made on New Years Eve. I did not go last Sunday because I was not feeling well.

So today on Martin Luther Kings birthday was my day to make it back. There was also a babys dedication service today. Last fall they did another baby service at the church so I thought I knew what to expect.

Today, the only seat I could easily get to was on the aisle. After the baby dedication service, Rev. Hubbell went down each center aisle and showed everyone the baby. We were invited to greet the baby. This I felt was stupid and dangerous because it is the middle of winter and I imagine a number of people are fighting colds which could easily be passed on to the baby. I did not touch the baby when they got to my row. I felt very uncomfortable. I like babys but am not sure what you should do with them. Besides I might have germs which might make the baby sick. I feel that this whole passing the baby around situation was absolutely foolhardy for the babys parents to agree to. To the best of my knowledge the parents last fall did not have a passing the baby around section of there daughters dedication service.

After the service I headed over to Walgrens to but stuff for my nieces baby shower. I got her $55 dollars worth of Walgrens baby things. In addition to the baby things I got her a box of sugarfree chocolates. I did this because she has gestational diabetes.


For almost the entire time I was there for the baby shower I visited my dad. We both watched the Indianopolis/Pittsburgh game. I do not know much about football. But just as I was about to leave the game got exciting. I stayed on the edge of my until the game was over. All I knew was that Indianopolis has a winning streak but there streak ran out on Sunday. It looked as though the Steelers were going to take the Colts to the cleaners but just as the end was about to end Indianapolis managed quiet a turn around. Alas, it was too much late. The Steelers and there towel wielding fans won the game.


link | posted by gail at 8:14 PM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com