IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Wednesday, January 04, 2006


narniafamily, originally uploaded by willisgirl.



Today, after work I went to the movies to see The Chronicles Of Narnia: The Lion The Witch and the Wardrobe. The reason I went to the movie was because as a child I read the Narnia books and I have off tomorrow for my birthday. So I thought I would give myself a treat. I have to admit I felt a bit apprehensive about seeing the movie because it has been touted as a Christian movie in some circles.

I think that the main reason for this is that C.S. Lewis, the author of the book was in addition to being a fantasy writer also a noted Christian scholar. I did not find this out about him until Shadowlands came out in 1993. Shadowlands was movie starring Anthony Hopkins as Lewis and Debra Winger as his wife Joy Gresham. The movie was about how Lewis in his later years met, fell in love, and married Joy. Sadly, soon after the marriage, his wife died slowly from bone cancer.

As far as all the Christian undertones of the Narnia series of books is concerned all I can say is that I was completely unaware of it as a child. To me the Narnia books were just fun, escapist, adventure books. I suppose looking back, Aslan could be considered as a Christ like figure. He dies and then comes back. Other than that I just do not see it.

As far as the movie goes I found it to be very entertaining. I did not see it as being particularly religious. To me it was just an enjoyable childrens movie. Overall, I have to say that it was a very good adaptation of the book. The children were perfectly cast.

I wonder if they will make a movie of the next book in the series, The Horse and His Boy? You now that I am on the subject it would be nice for once if someone made a movie out of the true first book in the Narnia series, The Magicians Nephew.

The only odd thing about the audience for the movie was that I saw two men who came to the movie together. I found it odd because men are not usually in the habit of going to childrens movies with one another. Then I noticed as they were leaving that they both wore earrings and walked kind of funny.


link | posted by gail at 6:18 AM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com