IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Saturday, January 14, 2006

Today, I checked my phone messages and found that one of my nieces longtime friends left a message for me. It turns out that her friend will be throwing a baby shower for my niece over at my nieces place. This is all nice and well but all throughout Christmas I kept asking her if there was anything I could buy for the baby. She kept telling me that she already has everything.

I called up her sister to see if she had the slightest inkling of what her sister might need. To my chagrin her sister was out of town so I spoke to her teenage brother instead. He also had no idea because she had told him like me that she had everything for the baby. He suggested that I just buy something for her instead of the baby. Somehow it did not seem right to got to a baby shower with presents for the mother instead of the baby.

Then I decided to call back her longtime friend who left the message. She was a lifesaver. She told me that she and my niece had made a list of all the things that she might need. I have to admit that it surprised me that there existed a list of things that she needed for the baby.

This made me wonder if the reason she never told me anything she needed is because I am as poor as a church mouse. Heck, a church mouse has more money than me. Also it seems as though almost every time I run into my nieces they ask, when am I getting a car? You see both my nieces and the vast majority of their friends can afford cars. I, on the other hand can not.


link | posted by gail at 4:42 PM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com