IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Sunday, January 08, 2006


vettriano_singing_butler, originally uploaded by willisgirl.

The above is a painting by Jack Vettriano called The Singing Butler

Today, I actually painted and worked on art. I can attribute this to being re-inspired by the book and calendar I bought of the artwork of Jack Vettriano. Also this evening I listened to BBC Radio 1s Chart Show with JK and Joel. By the way I just went by JK and Joels personal website not the one featured on the BBCs website. I have to say right here and now, JK and Joel have an online store to beat all other radio DJs! I have never seen anything like it before. They offer a wide range of products. They have everything from electronic items to baby stuff! JK and Joel are complete money grubbing capitalist whores!! God I Luv Em!! JK and Joel rule!!

As far as the BBC countdown chart goes X-Factor winner Shayne Ward is still number one with his ballad, Thats My Goal. I figure the only reason it is number one is because he won a singing contest on TV.
I have to say that I am not that into the song because ballads are not my thing. However, much to my chagrin, I found myself singing along to it. I do not know why this happened maybe the song has subliminal messages in it or something?

Anyway, here is a link to a short video stream to the song I do not like but found myself singing along to.

Also while listening to the Chart Show I was introduced to a lot of new music, well new to my American ears.

I really enjoyed a group called Hard-Fi who do a song called Cash Machine. I believe I have heard this song played on WHFS. They play it on their station commercial.

Here is a video stream to their song, Cash Machine.




, originally uploaded by willisgirl.


I also found myself liking a group called Editors. That’s right Editors not The Editors. I enjoyed their song called Munich. The song is somewhat reminiscent of the 80’s. I have no idea if WHFS has added them to their playlist or not.

Here is a link to a short video stream of Editors singing Munich.




ArcticMonkeys, originally uploaded by willisgirl.


I also enjoyed listening to the current in vogue group that is getting a lot of press on both sides of the Atlantic, Arctic Monkeys. I really love their debut song, I Bet You Look Good on the Dancefloor. It has a very lively punk rock sound to it. I have no idea what the rest of their cd sounds like. All in all I hope they do not turn out to be a one hit wonder.

Here is a link to their record company that includes the full video to, I Bet You Look Good on The Dancefloor.




, originally uploaded by willisgirl.



A singer I heard for the first time and liked listening to on the Chart Show was Simon Webbe. His song No Worries sounds like something that might play well over here in the States. It has a nice laid back hip-hop sound to it.

Here is an audio stream to the song, No Worries.




k, originally uploaded by willisgirl.


The one group I have become absolutely floored with are Kaiser Chiefs. The group has a very catchy punk rock sound. The two songs I have heard from them, I Predict a Riot and Everyday I Love You Less and Less have been nothing short of brilliant. I predict big things for this group if the rest of their cd is as good as those two singles have been. Again I have no idea if they have been added to the playlist of WHFS. I would be in absolute shock if WTMD started playing them.

Here is a link to a short video stream of I Predict a Riot. I could not find a video link for Everyday I Love You Less and Less.



One song on the Chart Show that has no prayer what so ever of being heard outside of the UK is a song called the JCB Song. It is so British that even I can not comprehend what the singer is going on about. The JCB Song is done by a duo called Nizlopi.

Here is a short video link to the duo Nizlopis uncomprehendable JCB Song. If you can tell me what they are singing about please let me know...


link | posted by gail at 2:31 PM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com