IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Sunday, July 01, 2007

SUNDAY...CHURCH DAY
Today, I did something I do not normally do, I took a cab to Church. I felt it was important that I made it in today because it was our intern minister, Allison Farnum’s last day.

I have really enjoyed the sermons she gives. They are filled with youthful enthusiasm. My favourite memory is during the morning childrens story she did a story with using puppets. I also liked during the Martin Luther King Day Service when we all stood in a circle inside the Church and sang, We Shall Overcome. Afterwards, we attached coloured cray paper messages on the fence outside the Church. Another thing I will remember about her tenure is the giant banner that is now up on our Church that reads, Civil Marriage is a Civil Right

At the end of the todays service the choir sang the Gene Autry classic, Happy Trails. I felt very sad. It was the end of a brief era. Good Luck Allison where ever you are!



DOCTOR WHO: The Last of the Time Lords



After the service I went home and watched the season ending episode of Doctor Who, The Last of the Time Lords. Some of the things I loved about the episode was the Masters opening music video moment to the Rogue Traders song Voodoo Child. John Simm as the Master was rock em sock em good. Even though he is evil he still seems like fun!

I also loved the shocking revelation that Captain Jack is the face of Boe. Boe is a million year old being that lives in jar. I was also shocked that the Masters wife, Lucy Saxon, shot him.

The last shot of the episode is very open ended. You see a closing shot of a red fingernailed woman’s hand picking up his ring and a male BWwwwhaaaaaHaaa laugh in the background. I interpret this as the Master pre arranging that his wife shot him in order to fake his death thus he can escape going to jail. He seemed more than happy that Francine (Martha’s mother) had a gun and wanted to shoot him. He was practically encouraging her to shoot him.

Weird moment during the show was the Doctor being aged to the point that he resembled Dobby, the house elf from The Harry Potter books.

Overall, it was a pretty good episode. I felt uncomfortable with the concept that Martha travelled the Earth to spread the word about the Doctor. It almost seemed like they were elevating him to being a God like being. It just smacked of pseudo religiosity which makes me feel uncomfortable. I watch the show to be entertained not to watch pseudo religion.

WALKING LOG
STEPS....5020
MILES....0.95
CALORIES BURNED....160


link | posted by gail at 5:39 PM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com