IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Friday, July 06, 2007

MORNING COMMUTE:
I am late again this morning but not super late. It was difficult to get to sleep. I had a killer ear ache last night. I hope there is not an insect or something stuck in my ear. Also I turned the fan on and did not feel a thing then I noticed that the metal grill to the fan was covered with lint and dust. Cleaned it off and the fan ran just fine. Did overtime last night. There was a mountain of work to do. I came in from work about 9-ish much later than I usually do.

Make-Up Woes
I always wear make-up on workdays. I have an uneven skin tone. My face literally resembles a jig saw puzzle without makeup. Thus, I feel more normal looking when Im wearing foundation makeup. Also I have weird coloured lips. My natural lip colour is a light pink colour. I have always felt self conscious about that. I do not know many other black people who have pink lips save my Grandpa Bob. Which is whom I believe I inherited that weird lip colour from. So I have always aimed to find a lipstick colour that is a regular lip colour.

Last week I was at Towson Town Center and found a Mac Cosmetics store. One of the salesgirl there suggested a foundation colour that would be good for my skin color. I usually wear Revlon Colorstay in Cappachino. In Mac I wear NC55. The problem is I like to walk during my lunch break and when I walk I usually sweat because I like to walk fast. The Mac makeup ran off my face like melted ice cream in the hot sun. I was truly horrified. When I use the Colorstay stuff it stays on my skin through sweat and everything. Sadly, Mac does not make sweat proof makeup. Im sure if I found something in there professional theatre line it would most likely be waterproof.

So today I have on a mixture of Colorstay and Mac. Im going to see if I can find a Colorstay shade that matches the Mac shade I have. The Mac colour is closest to my real skin colour. The Colourstay is a tone deeper but I had no way to try the makeup before I bought it. I only bought Cappacino because it was one colour down from Caramel. Caramel I noticed on the Revlon display was the colour it said Haley Berry had on. I do not think I am the same exact complexion as Haley Berry. I imagine if I saw her in real life I would find her to be an extremely light skinned woman. Im sort of at a weird inbetween shade not light skinned and not dark skinned just somewhere in the middle. I could not find any caramel Colorstay makeup last night to see how it compares to my Mac colour.

I absolutely have to find a colour that comes close to Mac because the Colorstay makeup I used to wear did not match the rest of my skin. It was slightly darker and you could notice it whenever my neck was exposed.

WHAT IM WEARING:
Today, I have on blue jeans, Nike MaxAir shoes, and a turqouise, ecru, and tan tye dye coloured short sleeve blouse.

WALKING LOG
STEPS....9463
MILES....1.79
CALORIES BURNED....320


link | posted by gail at 5:46 PM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com