IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Monday, July 02, 2007

Took the day off work to go to the bank and get everything straightened out with the electronic theft that occurred from my checking account. It now appears that I filled out every form available. Hopefully, the money will be returned to my account. Also PayPal has had the charges reversed. So everything is taken care of on there end. Its now all up to the bank.

TORCHWOOD vs LIFE ON MARS
After I got home from the bank for the first time ever I watched Torchwood. I just watched the first episode. I was not particularly wowed by it.




LifeOnMars
Originally uploaded by willisgirl



Then I decided to watch the UK cop show Life on Mars. Above is a picture of the two stars of the show Philip Glenister who plays DCI Gene Hunt and John Simm who plays DI Sam Tyler.

I watched about 5 episodes of the first season. I only stopped watching because it was getting late and I had to go to work in the morning. I plan on watching the rest of the episodes of the first season then move on to the second season. I can safely say that Life on Mars really grabbed me.

Its about a cop, Sam Tyler (John Simm) from 2006 who gets in a car accident and is transported to 1973. The show reminds me of a 1970’s American cop show only with a sci-fi angle with the time travel thing. Will Sam ever make it back to his time or is he permanently stuck in the 70s?

My favourite character on the show hands down is DCI Gene Hunt (Philip Glenister). DCI (Detective Chief Inspector) Hunt is the politically incorrect Captain of the police squad.

Its wild looking at this show because they are doing things that would be frowned upon today. Everyone smokes in the squad room there are blatant abuses going on. If Gene Hunt were a cop today he would have been fired before his shift was even over. Im a left wing, feminist liberal and Im not ashamed to say, GENE HUNT ROCKS!

WALKING LOG
STEPS....2914
MILES....0.55
CALORIES BURNED....103


link | posted by gail at 5:25 PM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com