IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Thursday, July 12, 2007

MORNING COMMUTE:
I can’t believe this happening. I left out the door on time to catch the bus. However, the bus was late and crowded. The bus was not being driven by the usual driver so it was not his fault that the usually on time bus was late. This is horrible! I hate being late for work in the morning. Its like one bad thing after another happened this week. First we have the heat. It was so hot early in the week that I found it difficult to sleep. Because of this I got up late. Next the light rail has a power outtage and I have to take a shuttle bus and be an hour late for work. Today, my usual bus driver is not on the job. I wonder what horror I have to face tommorrow. On the upside it was nice and cool outside this morning. Highs are expected to be in the 80’s. In other words the heat wave is over! I suppose we’ll have to wait around for the next one to hit.

AFRO PUNK
Yesterday, as I was on my way home I was listening to this black show on NPR. They had a forum on there made up of black bloggers they were discussing the NAACP’s symbolic burrying of the th N-word. Anyway one of the bloggers had a blog about the black rock movement called Bold As Love, which is a line taken from a Jimmy Hendrix song. Somehow I had never thought to look this up before. I am black and like to listen to rock music more than hip hop. I wondered what does black rock music sound like. Going to his site hoping there would be links to YouTube videos and the like and I found absolutely next to none. The only thing I could find were musicians talking about there music. There is something called ghetto metal but no examples of what it sounds like. I found it to be frustrating. So I remembered in the 90’s there was something called the Black Rock Coalition formed by members of Living Color. I went there hoping that maybe they would have music up by black rock musicians. No dice. Then I found a site about a movie called Afro Punk. It seemed pretty interesting. I think I would like to the movie. There is a good chance that Im going to both days of Virgin Fest. I know that odds are I will probably be one of only a handful of coloured people there. Somehow being the only black person at a place has never bothered me much. Im not sure if that means Im very secure about who I am or just plain stupid...

WHAT IM WEARING:
Today, I have on a short sleeve pink t-shirt, blue jeans, and Nike MaxAir shoes with a pink swoosh on the side.

WALKING LOG
STEPS....11242
MILES....2.12
CALORIES BURNED....368


link | posted by gail at 8:52 AM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com