IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Friday, October 05, 2007

MORNING COMMUTE:
This morning I nearly missed catching the light rail on time. I left out early enough to walk. However, during my walk I tripped over something on the street and nearly fell to the ground. After this happened I had to stop a little to recover. It took a while for me to fall back into pace. My ankle was smarting a little. I had to run and jog a little during my walk to get back on track. I was sweating like James Brown by the time the train arrived.

FALL TV
Last night I watched the pilot episode of Life. It was very interesting. Damien Lewis is playing a cop who spent 12 years in jail for a crime he did not commit. His character appears to be into Zen and is very weird and laid back. The show is interesting. I suppose I’ll watch the second episode tonight.

Lets face it the main reason Im watching is because Damien Lewis is in it! I first became aware of Lewis while watching him play Soames Forsyte in The Forsyte Saga mini series. The only reason I rented the miniseries on Netflix was because I was going through my Ioan Gruffudd is the hottest man on Earth phase. Ive long since cooled on Gruffudd with all that happened over the summer with his fansite. Never has there been such a max exodus of fans in the history of the internet. Anyway....

Lewis did an outstanding job on the mini series. He made you care for an unlovable, control freak of a character. By series end I wanted Soames to find happiness despite his flaws. Heck, I found myself rooting for Soames. Lewis did an outstanding job with that role.

I still can not believe the great, Damien Lewis, is on an American network TV show. Not once did his real life accent British come out. Great job.

I also watched Pushing Daisies in its entirety. I found it to be fun, witty, quirky, and cinematic. Its like a Tim Burton film on happy pills. Dark subject matter yet bright colourful set designs.

The male lead on the show, Ned (Lee Pace) the pie maker, has the ability to raise the dead for one minute. If they are alive for over one minute someone else must die to take their place. Interesting enough another British actor playing an American is on the show, Anna Freil plays Ned’s love interest Chuck.

I will definetly be back to watch next week. Other shows I’d like to watch are Dirty, Sexy, Money and Kevin Smith’s Reaper, as well as Michelle Ryan as the Bionic Woman. I want to see this to see if she messes up and misspronounces anything with a British accent. I mean she is basically a soap actress. Other shows I still have to see the second episode of House, the first and second episode of My Name is Earl and The Office. Im pretty much caught up on Heroes I watched the second episode in real time on Monday. Id also like to watch How I Met Your Mother.

WHAT IM WEARING:
Today, I have on a pink short sleeve top, stone washed jeans, and New Balance 653 shoes.

WALKING LOG
STEPS....11092
MILES....3.50
CALORIES BURNED....453


link | posted by gail at 6:52 PM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com