IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Sunday, October 07, 2007

Today, I went to Church. Today’s sermon was about Abu Ghraib and America’s participation in torture. After the service they showed a documentary directed and produced by Rory Kennedy called Ghosts of Abu Ghraib.

I could not stay to watch it because I had to deposit money into the bank. I do not know why the last time I did this I did not think to grab a few extras envelopes. This time when I went to the branch that I used before they were flat out emptied out of ATM deposit envelopes. So I had to head a little more further out. I deposited money, got extra envelopes, and gave serious thought as to whether I should walk over to a giant yard sale that was occuring at a school down the street from the bank.

WATCHING LIFE
I have had a miserable time trying to watch TV shows on the NBC website. It appears I am not the only one. I counted over 3000 complaints about their new online video player. It appears people all over the country are having trouble using it. It is super slow and stops and cuts off a lot. I had no trouble using it over the summer when I was catching up on earlier episode of Heroes.

It was just after the fall season started and they launched a new player that things went south. In order to watch NBC shows I have to use an alternative non network affiliated website. Unfortunatley, the second episode of Life is not up on that site yet so I had to watch it on NBC. I found a way of trying to beat the viewer from cutting off entirely by pausing the viewer every 5-10seconds. Then waiting 1-3 minutes before starting it up again. It took about 2 hours for me to finish watching the show.

On the other hand the ABC video player kicks ass. So far I have watched both episodes of Dirty, Sexy Money and Pushing Daisies on it. I believe these are the only ABC shows I want to see this year.

Also on Friday I watched the CW player where I caught up on the last three episodes of Everybody Hates Chris. The three episodes were two from last season and the season opener. I also may give Supernatural a look see. My only complaint about the CW player is that they run too many commercials about their programming.

WALKING LOG
STEPS....10593
MILES....3.34
CALORIES BURNED....427


link | posted by gail at 6:54 PM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com