IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Wednesday, November 14, 2007

MORNING COMMUTE:
Today, I am running on time. The #20 bus showed up on time. It was still being driven by the LL Cool J looking driver.

TV on the INTERNET
I did not watch anything last night on my MacBook. All of today my muscles have been feeling achy. I started and ended my workday with aspirins. The aches are mostly in my shoulders, arms, right hand, and right leg.

Could it be arthritis? Nah, can’t be Im too young.. It must have been the weather sometimes when it rains my muscles start to ache.

When I was a sophomore in high school I got in a bus accident. I was halfway in the bus when the bus driver suddenly closed the door on my shoulder. I was dragged a good block and a half before he stopped. So half my body was in the bus the other half was still outside. I had to get a sling, had to do physical therapy, and had a chiropracter. Took pain medication. The pain medication did not make me feel high or anything. I do not understand how people get hooked on it. Then again maybe because I was a kid the doctor prescribed me low doses of it. I can not recall what the name of it was. It did diddly squat for me. Maybe I should have told the doctor that the pain pills were not working. Then I would have gotten the good stuff...

All the kids at school who said that they were willing to be witnesses to what happened never panned out. As a result my lawsuit against the MTA was unsuccesful. I suppose if I were a more outgoing person in high school they would have been more forthcoming with my lawyer and I would have won the lawsuit.

So all I have now is intermittent pain around my shoulder and arms on rainy days. Its always on the same side of my body. I suppose even if I did win the money I would still have the residual pain from the injury.

God/Goddess knows its not because of lack of use. I start my day with yoga and two to three times a week I do strength training with light hand weights. The heaviest dumbell I own is eight pounds. I also like using stretchy elastic bands. I thought that by doing exercises like the ones I do would somehow eliminate muscle aches on rainy days and the spector of arthritis.

WHAT IM WEARING:
Today, I have on NikeMaxAir shoes, black slacks, a red hoodie, and an ecru mock turtleneck that has a design of small patchwork cloths and flowers on it. I am starting to give series thought to buying clothes and shoes from catalogs this season. I still need a coat that does not swaddle me and acts more as a blanket than a coat.

WALKING LOG
STEPS....9292
MILES....3.51
CALORIES BURNED....399


link | posted by gail at 8:44 AM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com