IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Sunday, March 02, 2008

SUNDAY CHURCH DAY
This morning I went to Church. The sermon today was on A. Powell Davies. He was a prominent activist who was also a minister at All Souls Unitarian Church in DC during the 40s and 50s. It was a sermon that someone bid on during our annual Church auction. You can make a bid for the sermon of your choice to be done by our ministers and someone made a bid and they had to do a sermon on whatever the winner chose. I learned a lot about the dimunuative giant at DCs All Souls Church.

Afterwards I went to visit my father. While in the hospital I talked to my brother, Carlos, on the phone. He is still breathing heavy. I imagine he is still over 300 pounds despite having the quadrouple bypass surgery last spring. My nieces told me that he still smokes.

I could not stay until closing time at the hospital because I had a show to see at the BSO. The BSO were going to perform and orchestration of the Charlie Chaplins movie, City Lights.

I think I should have drank coffee or Red Bull before I left to see it. I nodded off a couple of times while watching it. I drank coffee before leaving for Church. I suppose I needed a second dose of it to get through the movie. It was OK. I loved the boxing match scene. I also loved the scene where he swallowed the whistle. The story line was very sweet. Charlie Chaplin not only starred in, wrote, and directed the movie, he also composed the music.

Not sure if I was falling asleep out of boredom, sleep deprevation, or need of caffeine.

WALKING LOG
STEPS....9177
MILES....3.47
CALORIES BURNED....364


link | posted by gail at 5:28 PM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com