IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Monday, June 04, 2001

Sunday June 3, 2001

Our love is like water pinned down and abused for being strange Our love is no other than me alone for me all day

All Over You - Ed Kowalczyk (Live)

Today I got up out of bed and painted again. I guess I’m on a roll! I’m thinking of doing other paintings like Egyptian Nubian Queen, which I have up for sale this week. I really like that black background coupled with the bright yellow window box and the lady in the center. I also dig that quasi Egyptian theme. I guess it all depends on the amount of hits the painting gets. If it gets a lot then I’ll perceive that as a green light to do do others in that style.

Today my boyfriend and I went out to see Moulin Rouge at the The Charles theatre which I have dubbed the hippie theater. I call it that because of the bohemian clientele that it draws. I like to go there ofen to see art house movies.

At first I found the movie to be overwhelmingly bombastic and loud but it grew on me. The sound and fury calmed down when Ewan McGregor’s character finally met Nicole Kidman’s character.

Personally, I was really drawn to visual style of the movie. There were so many eye popping colors! When I think of this movie I will always think of the bright reds and golds that filled the screen with life. I loved the costumes and sets in this movie. I’m sure this movie has a lock for the Oscar for best set and Costume Design. In a since it made me understand why my former supervisor at Center Stage cried and had to leave when she saw the set to August Wilson’s, Jitney during the dress rehearsal. She later told us that she had to leave because the sets were so beautiful. She had wished that she had had a hand in creating them. I thought she was being silly and foolish but now in a way I understand...

I will always remember the way that the characters had a knack for quoting songs. My favorite musical number in the movie was “Like a Virgin”, it was simply hilarious! I also liked the scene when McGregor and Kidman are up on the roof singing a medley of love songs that included, All You Need is Love -The Beatles, (This Is) Your Song - Elton John, and Silly Love Songs - Paul McCartney, among others. The semi- theme song of the movie was Elton John’s (This Is)Your Song. I’m sure that with all the exposure that Elton has gotten from this movie he will finally be able to buy another mansion.

Seeing this movie has made me realize that I miss being in the business.


link | posted by gail at 11:29 PM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com