IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Monday, June 04, 2001

Tuesday May 29, 2001 to Friday June 1, 2001

cease to resist, giving my goodbye drive my car into the ocean you’ll think i’m dead, but i sail away on a wave of mutilation a wave a wave

Wave of Mutilation - Frank Black (The Pixies)

All this week we had overtime which meant that my painting time was extremely limited. I was late for work on Tuesday and Thursday I was late because the Light rail train was delayed. Overall, this week I have felt sleep deprived. I had two highlights this work week, a new plant and a new cubicule display.

I finally scored a Chlorophytum comosum vittatum (spider plant) which believe it or not I got off of eBay for just 9 bucks! It can retail in my town for anywhere from 15 to 20 dollars. Needless to say I was quiet happy when it arrived. It even had offshoots growing on it! The only reason why I decided to bid on this particular plant was that the seller lived in Delaware which is about an hour away from Maryland. When the plant arrived I quickly repotted it and it is now sitting by my window. All I need now is a tall plant stand for it to sit on or maybe I could install a plant hanger on the ceiling.

I finally redecorated my cubicule shelf. I was getting tired of looking at my Easter/Spring display. My doll display consisted of my Brooke Shields doll in a green southern belle dress complete with one of those big floppy hats with flowers on it. Along with her on the shelf was the mustachedJamal doll wearing a yellow suit with a shiny gold bow tie and cummberbund. Jamal is unique in that he came from the World of Shani (prounounced SHAW-NEE) doll line that Mattel put out during the 80's. The World of Shani was a doll line that was aimed at African Americans. The line featured dolls representing the various skin tones that are evident in the African American community. In the center of my display was an Easter bunny seated on a miniature whicker chair.

This time for the month of June I did a bridal display featuring a Black Barbie and Ken doll as bride and groom. Black Skipper serves as the flower girl in a green floral dress. The maid of honor is Scary Spice of the Spice Girls in a long green satin gown finished in gold brocade. The best man was again the mustached Jamal doll. The wedding guests are Kristi Yamaguchi in a tight pink gown that flared out around the knees. One of my co-workers told me that back in her day they called that look a Carmen Jones dress. Kristi’s date is an asian male doll from the Disney movie Mulan. I took his hair out of the ceremonial ponytail and now he has long shoulder length hair.He is wearing a black suit which I borrowed from one of my Dan Akroyd Blues Brothers dolls. He looks really cool. So far no one has complained about my semi monthly celebrity doll diorama’s. I’ve been doing them since I started working there two years ago. It all started with my Drew Carey and Mimi doll display. For July/August I plan on doing a display with bikini clad dolls complete with beach balls and sunglasses. Somewhere I probably I have a sun tan Malibu Barbie stashed away.....


link | posted by gail at 7:01 PM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com