IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Saturday, May 25, 2002

May 25, 2002

you fell down of course
and then you got up of course
and you started over
forgot my name of course
then you started to remember
pretty tough to think about
the beginning of december
pretty tough to think about

The Same Boy You’ve Always Known-Meg and Jack White (The White Stripes-White Blood Cells cd)



I thought I’s start up this blog again since it’s Memorial day and I have time off.



I just got finished putting up my new web site The Ultimate GJ Willis Source I’m really excited about this because I have owned the web site domain since December 2000 and am now just getting around to putting something on it. This is the first web site that I built without click and build commands. I did the html myself. I know that I will have to edit it some more. There are no pictures up in the gallery section and that’s crucial since I’m a part time artist who would like to be a full time artist.


In other news I saw Star Wars: Attack of the Clones last Sunday. I liked it a lot. It was a much better picture than the Phantom Menace. I would like to see it again at the Senator Theater instead of at the Owings Mills theater. Don’t get me wrong I enjoined my movie going experience at Owings Mills it’s where I saw the last Star Wars movie. The only reason why I selected that theater is because it’s in suburbia and long lines are highly unlikely.

The reason why I want to see it at the Senator is because the Senator theater has a reputation for being the place to see movies like Star Wars. It’s a long standing throw back to the grand old movie houses of yesteryear. It’s the one movie theater in Baltimore that hosts star studded movie openings for pictures filmed in Baltimore. John Waters and Barry Levinson have had many movie premier at the Senator. The sidewalk of the Senator is a virtual Hollywood walk of fame done up Baltimore style. It’s imprinted with every major movie that was filmed and debuted at the theater. The guy that owns the theater Tom Kifabber has a reputation for really putting on a show when he has big ticket movies showing.

I remember when they were showing the Star Wars special edition movies they had memorabilia up including life size Han Solo frozen in carbonite. Tom even went up before the movie started to do a little speech. It’s no wonder that the long lines for Star Wars are at the Senator.


link | posted by gail at 11:38 PM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com