IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Saturday, May 25, 2002

October 30, 2001

dear readers, my apologies
I'm drifting in and out of sleep
long silence presents the tragedies
of love. note the age. get afraid.
the surface hazy with attendent thoughts.
a lazy eye metaphor on the rocks.

Sad Professor-REM (REM-UP cd)



Today I saw my first play of the season at Center Stage. Before I went to see it I didn't bother reading any reviews so I went to see it blind. The play was a musical called, “The Pajama Game”. I can’t really tell if it’s good or bad because we recently switched over from daylight savings time. So I was sleepy when I saw it. It ended at 10:30 pm which felt like 11:30 pm to me. I have to see it again during daylight hours to judge properly. After seeing it I came across a good review of it in the City Paper. This is rare because the City Paper seems to hate every production that we put on. Ugghh, I don’t work there anymore and I still think of the place as being a part of me.




Anyway, I really liked the Hernando’s Hideaway number. It was reminiscent of the Softly Stealing Away number in HMS Pinafore. Me thinks Irene Lewis is starting to repeat herself. However, another popular Lewis trademark cute dancing kids were no where to be found in this production. I didn't quite understand the hullabaloo over the Steamed Heat number. Why is that the male lead in almost every Lewis production blond? Is it just fate or does the casting director have a thing for blond haired men?




On the people I saw front: Mike Watson is starting to look weird. He looks odd now that he’s grown a Burl Ives-esq beard which is gray while the hair on his head is a youthful brown. If I were him I’d lose the beard it just doesn't match the hair.


At the show I also saw a guy I used to work with at the Baltimore Film Forum named Hugh. He used to have a watch attached to his belt loop as opposed to his wrist. As I recall he works at The Science Center and goes to graduate school at Johns Hopkins University. I have no idea what subject he studies there. Also I recall that he’s a major Trekkie. The celebrity he most resembles is a very tall Steven Speilberg, if he never became famous. Anyway I think he recognized me as he had a very wide grin on his face when he saw me. I don’t think he remembered my name though...No one ever remembers my name. Anyway, what the heck was Hugh doing down there.... He’s a Star Trek geek!!


link | posted by gail at 10:11 PM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com