IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Saturday, May 25, 2002

October 19, 2001

I’m Ready
Ready for the laughing gas
I’m ready
Ready for what’s next
Ready to duck
Ready to dive
Ready to say
I’m glad to be alive
I’m ready
I’m ready for the push

Zoo Station-U2 (U2-Achtung Baby)



I saw U2 today at the Baltimore Arena. It was a truly historic event because U2 have NEVER played in Baltimore. They always ditch our town for the bright lights and glamor of DC. I was late for work today. I didn't care because I was going to see Bono and the boys tonight. After the concert I could barely hear. Whenever I spoke I heard feedback coming from my right ear. I was a little afraid that I had gone deaf, that this concert finally knocked out my hearing for good. When I was a kid my big sister, Carleen smacked me on the left ear and I fell down and since then I had trouble hearing from that ear. The hearing loss wasn't really that bad just kind of slight. Besides, my ears have been glued to earphones since I got my first set for Christmas back in 1983. To be truthful 90 percent of the time I listen to loud ass rock and roll music. I’m sure that one day I’ll end up going deaf.



When I stood on the light rail stop at 5:00 am in the morning to go to work in the county a line had already formed at the Baltimore Arena. I was giddy with excitement. I wasn't the only nut who was going to see the “circus” that day. I felt the same giddiness when I saw the lines for the reissue of Star Wars. I knew I’d be joining them after work.



My supervisor Brian had GA (General Admission) tickets and was going down there at 10 am to get in line. He was going to skip work that day. He’s a spoiled only-child type. He looks scary when his face is shaven. This is mainly because he’s bald. I can’t bare to look at him in the face him when he’s clean shaven, it creeps me out. It’s like his face is naked and is in need of stubble to cover it up.



Anyway, back to my story.... I was a little afraid when I went there that I was going to be the only black person there. Which is always a fear I have. That all these people drinking beer would suddenly turn and violently attack me. Anyway, there were other blacks their albeit they were black guys with the obligatory white girlfriend. The section I sat in had a couple of my fellow minorities in it a chubby Asian guy with the obligatory white girlfriend. A guy who looked middle eastern who came alone. He wore glasses looked geeky so I felt comfortable. Another geeky guy who came alone. He was blond and wore glasses. I sat beside this couple the guy was very chatty. I have Asperger’s Syndrome and felt uncomfortable talking with strangers.



I never told my boyfriend that I scored tickets for the concert on eBay. He wanted to go because he owned and liked listening to The Joshua Tree. I don’t consider someone that owns just one U2 record to be a true fan. Besides, I own every album they put out! I have their stuff on vinyl, cassette, and cd. I own Boy, War, The Unforgettable Fire, Under a Blood Red Sky, The Joshua Tree, Rattle and Hum, Achtung Baby, Zooropa, All That You Can’t Leave Behind. I have the video for Rattle and Hum. Rattle and Hum is my all time favorite U2 record it ranks right up there with Achtung Baby and Joshua Tree. Me and my brother would fight over who owned what U2 record it was like communal property in our house.

My favorite member of U2 is Larry Mullen Jr.. If there is one member of U2 I would love to have an illicit one night stand with it’s a toss up between Larry and the Edge. I never really had any carnal thoughts about Bono. He’s like God and I would never think of God in that manner. I remember as a kid I went to the third floor ladies room of the main Enoch Pratt Free Library and there scrawled on the lime green bathroom stall was “Bono is God” and I remember thinking, “I Agree!!!” I’m not the only little weirdo that feels that way.

I only wished that the concert had lasted longer and that they had played all there hits like Bruce Springsteen does at his concerts. Anyway right now I want to go out and get tickets to there next show where ever it is! I love it when the circus comes to town! I hope they come again and that this was not a fluke.

I halfway expected our mayor, Martin O’Malley, to open up the show or announce them. He has an Irish rock band called O’Malley’s March. Anyway, the show was absolutely phenomenal! I wanna see them again!!!!


link | posted by gail at 9:30 PM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com