IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Saturday, May 25, 2002

November 2, 2001

Well I woke up this morning, stumbled
out of my rack
I opened up the paper to the page in
the back
It took a minute for my finger to find
My daily dose of destiny under my sign
My eyes just about popped out of my head
It said the stars are stacked against
you girl
Get back in bed

I Feel Lucky-Mary Chapin-Carpenter and Don Schlitz (Mary Chapin-Carpener - Come On Come On cd)




Today I saw my first show at the Meyerhoff. The show featured the music of the forties. I like going down to the Baltimore Symphony to see shows. I like ike going there because I know I will be the youngest person there. That’s right I get a perverse joy out of being the only Gen’X black woman in the joint who’s a paying customer. This was the first of the Super Pops series.

The show was atrociuos you could barely hear the words that the singers were singing they were drowned out by the music. I think they should get rid of the new Pops Music director Jack Everly. Things were better when Marvin Hamlisch was in charge. They ruined the Trolley Song, from the Judy Garland classic, Meet Me in St. Louis!! How could anyone ruin the Trolley Song!! The woman who sang the Judy Garland parts was great she knew to lean into the mike so that everyone could hear what she was singing over the very loud orchestra. But all the other singers seemed to avoid that. It just seemd like they were mumbling and did’nt give a rat’s ass if you heard them or not.

Note to the BSO...
Fire Jack Everly Now!! The only major music credit he has was being music director to some orchestra back in Cincinatti and doing the score to the Hunchback of Notre Dame....a Disney cartoon failure.

The night was horrible. My bus was 20 minutes late! The light rail heading to the Meyerhoff was late! Not to mention the light rail was out of order when the show was over so I had to take a bus downtown. The shuttle bus was not running where they said it would. I hate the MTA!! Death to Jack Everly for ruining the Trolley Song and Death to the MTA for ruining my evening!!!


link | posted by gail at 10:44 PM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com