IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Thursday, September 02, 2004

Today the bus and light rail were both on time today. So far this week the MTA has been excellent at getting me to work on time. I’m not sure if school has started yet for the city school system. However, in previous years I’ve noticed that when it starts up the MTA service begins to get bad. If school has already started then they’ve done an excellent job no delays what so ever.

Yesterday, after spending several days working on my play and little else I finally started painting again. I’m really happy with how this latest batch of paintings is shaping up.

This evening The Damnwells are playing for free at Mount Vernon Park. I think I may go out to see them. I really like that one song they play on the radio, Kiss Catastrophe off of their Bastards of the Beat cd. They will be playing along with Ben Arnold. The song that they play a lot on the radio of his is called Zig Zag off of his Calico cd. I really like that song. Anyway, I figure I might as well get out to a WTMD concert since I believe this may be the last one of the season for First Thursdays. The first Thursdays in a month in my hometown is when all the art galleries change their displays and invite patrons to visit. I hear it’s a very festive time of the month for local galleries.

In local galleries news I’m sadenned to hear that the Angelfall Studios in Remington will be closing. I’ve never been there before but in previous years they have displayed the posters I did for the Sowebo festival. The main reason I’ve never been to the gallery is that I have no idea where Remington is or how to get there.

Today, I’m wearing a brown short sleeved Henley shirt with blue jeans and the black Walmart shoes.


link | posted by gail at 9:26 PM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com