IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Thursday, August 26, 2004

Again, the bus was late. However, the light rail was on time.

Yesterday, I had quiet a harrowing day on the ride home on the light rail. While on the train at the Timonium stop which is right across from the state fair grounds the train stood at the stop for a very, very, very, very, long time without moving. I began to feel a little worried because the train rarely halts at that stop. Since I always have a walkman with me I decided to see if I could find anything on the radio about the traffic situation.

The main reason I had to find the information is because it’s a known fact that light rail drivers never tell you anything even though there’s an intercom aboard the train. I don’t know if this part of MTA policy to never tell you what’s going on or if it’s up to the discretion of the driver.

As I was tuning around the radio I caught the tail end of a traffic report on WTMD all I heard was Northern Parkway, car, and light rail. I had no idea how they interconnected so I dialed around more stations until I heard the news that a car flipped over from the Northern Parkway bridge on to the light rail tracks. I was stunned. This would probably mean that we would be sitting on the light rail train for a very long time.

I knew I had to tell the other passengers aboard the train about the accident because it was unlikely that the driver would ever say anything. He would just sit there and never tell the passengers what was going on. They all do that. I wonder what they are afraid of? It wasn’t the driver’s fault that a car flipped over on to the tracks. He should have told everyone the situation then let them decide if they were going to wait on the train or take the bus or wait for shuttle buses to come out.

I couldn’t take it anymore as I waited for the distant possibility that the driver might speak up. My voice quivered as I told the passengers on the car I was on what was going on. I stuttered a lot but eventually I got it out. I think I tend to stutter when I’m nervous. Anyway, I couldn’t believe it they actually understood me and did not dismiss me as some kind of a kook!

A man on the train tried to contact the driver about what happened. The driver refused to confirm or deny anything, it was weird. A few minutes later some of the passengers left the train as did I. I decided to walk up to #8 bus stop and take it all the way downtown.

On the bus stop I was surprised to see Cassandra and this guy named Ricky who works in the mail room. While at the bus stop I said “Hi!”, to Cassandra. I wasn’t quiet sure if it was ok to say “Hi!”, to Ricky as we’ve never been formally introduced and he probably doesn’t know me. I think he’s into Star Wars and movies based on comic books. He may even collect comic books too. Those are the only things I can think of that I may have in common with Ricky. However, I don’t really know him well enough to say anything about it.

Anyway, as you can imagine it was a very crowded and long ride downtown. I didn’t make it home until a little after eight at night. I usually make it home around six. So far this year this has been the longest day I’ve spent captive on the MTA.

Today, I’m wearing a black skirt, black Payless shoes and a print blouse. The blouse I’m wearing reflects my favorite painting palette; purple, pink, olive green, and blue. The reason for the skirt is because it’s the second day in a row of business casual day.


link | posted by gail at 9:32 PM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com