IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Saturday, September 04, 2004

Today for the first time I ever I watched Excalibur. It’s a netflix movie that has been hanging around the house since June. I added it to my list during my King Arthur obsession of early summer. Overall, I liked the movie a lot. It was surprising to see Patrick Stewart, Liam Nissan and Gabriel Byrne in tiny supporting roles whilst the stars of the movie went on to have dead end careers except for Helen Mirren.

On Friday I went back to Walmart to pick up my new glasses. The new glasses I have have a bronze colored frame to them. I feel out of place wearing them. I can’t explain it they make me feel tiny. I’m not exactly tall to begin with I’m 5’3 but these glasses make the world I see seem large and me tiny. I also feel kind of dizzy when I put them on like I’m going to pass out. I suppose I’ll get used to them..... eventually. I don’t know maybe the prescriptions too strong.

Also on my second return to the Walmart optometry center I realize that my descriptions were a bit off on the Krist Novoselic-like person. In fact I’m not even sure if he looks like Krist Novoselic anymore.

Anyway, when I arrived on Friday there were more people than usual working in the optometry center. Usually when I go there it’s just this one black guy working there. I imagine he’s a receptionist/assistant/whatever. He kind of reminds me of a much older Michael from Good Times. Well, today he wasn’t there instead there was this big white guy there that I’ve never seen before. Also there was this blonde haired girl and the Krist Novoselic-like guy. The big guy was the one who gave me my glasses. I can’t think of a celebrity look a like for the big guy or the blonde, they both seemed kind of generic looking.

Today, I’m wearing a denim dress with red flip flops.


link | posted by gail at 11:25 PM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com