IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Tuesday, September 07, 2004

Today, I’m running late. I caught the train at 6:15. I’m not sure if that will get me to work on time or just a smidge late. Oddly, enough I caught it with some of the usual suspects that I catch the 5:55 train with.

I’m not sure but I think today might be the first day of school for the city. I saw a couple of teens on the morning bus with notebooks. To the best of my memory I can’t recall seeing anyone with notebooks last week.

Today at work I was absolutely stunned beyond belief. I saw a sight I thought I’d never see. A noted cotton twill Dockers pants wearer wearing jeans!! It was simply shocking! There was no mistaking it this time, Arnold, was definitely wearing jeans today. I am simply shocked and flabbergasted!

My Labor Day Weekend

I didn't do much over the Labor Day weekend except watch movies. Lets see, I watched Excalibur (rented from netflix), Rushmore (bought from eBay), The Royal Tennebaums (bought from eBay) and the first half of Camelot (rented from netflix). I still have to finish watching Camelot...

I had planned on reading Harry Potter and The Order of the Phoenix but the 870 pages in the book made feel apprehensive about approaching it. I wonder if there’s a books on tape edition at the library?

The most exciting thing that happened over the weekend was that I got a postcard from the Guthrie Theatre. I have no idea how I got on the mail list of such a prestigious theatre. Anyway, they are looking for proposals from playwrights on collaborative efforts with non playwrighters. I can’t think of anyone who would be interested in collaborating with me on a play. I don’t know I think I should check the due date again and think of possible collaborators. Again, this is really weird what am I doing getting mail from the Guthrie?

I had a last minute costume er wardrobe change this morning. I was going to wear a brown shirt but decided to wear my black Today Show shirt with blue jeans and black Walmart shoes instead. I was feeling rebellious and punk rock.


link | posted by gail at 1:04 AM |


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous commented at 7:30 PM~  

Isn't that the damnedest thing when you see the same people at a usual spot when you're running early or late? That happens to me at the gym. I'm usually there at about 4:30 or so and there's a whole group of folks who I see every day at that time, but sometimes I'll skip out of work a little early and get to the gym at 2:30 or 3:00 and the same faces will be there! And there won't be unfamiliar faces in addition to them. Just all the same usual folks. I don't get it.

DaB

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com