IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Wednesday, October 27, 2004

The bus that got me to the light rail on time this morning was the #2. It was driven by the George Forman looking man. The gray haired man is driving the light rail train this morning. The light rail baby is also aboard. It’s wide awake this morning. It seems to be in playful mood while playing with it’s bottle.

I have never discussed a certain passenger who is sometimes on the train when I get on. I dub her the makeup monster.

She is usually putting on makeup or stinking up the train with nail polish that she applies daily on her commute. I have no idea what it is she does for a living. She looks absolutely garish. She looks like a female female impersonator.

TOP 5 DEBUT ALBUM’S OF ALL TIME: WTMD is having a best debut cd of all time countdown. You can vote on any 5 debut album’s from any genre and any era.

My picks for top 5 debut album’s would include the Violent Femmes self titled debut album. I would include it because I hate to say it but their debut album was the best album they ever put out. The lion’s share of the tunes they are known for come off of their debut album. What you probably don’t know is that their debut album was never a hit. However, it has had steady sales throughout the years. So in a since it’s an underground hit that’s over 20 years old. I would be very disappointed if it does not show up their list.

I would also include Pearl Jam’s debut album 10. I would include it because it ushered in the early 90’s Seattle grunge sound.

Another debut album I would include would be the Beastie Boys, License To Ill album. I would include it because against the odds they’ve managed to stick around for well over 20 years. When they first came out they were a joke. Who knew they’d be around this long?

Another good debut album I would include would be The Clash’s debut album simply entitled, The Clash. The Clash were the first commercially successful punk rock act. Also from the ashes of The Clash you get Big Audio Dynamite which was a major influence on such acts as Fat Boy Slim and Moby. Also BAD used a lot creative sampling throughout their work.

Ok here’s my list of the top 5 debut albums of all time: The Violent Femmes-The Violent Femmes

Pearl Jam-10

Beastie Boys-License to Ill

The Beatles-Meet the Beatles

The Clash-The Clash

WHAT I’M WEARING TODAY: Today, I’m wearing a multicolored striped mock turtleneck pullover. The colours in the pullover include: blue, lime green, black, white turquoise, and lavender.


link | posted by gail at 8:30 PM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com