IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Thursday, October 21, 2004


ln_getting, originally uploaded by willisgirl.

This morning the streets and sidewalks were still damp. I’m happy to report that it has been a week since I’ve seen the strange man lurking around outside. Since I haven't seen him since last week I’ll assume as I did on Monday that most likely he’s been arrested or has finally gotten help for what ever ailed him.

This morning the bus was on time. I caught the #1 bus again. It was driven by the medium sized woman, who said, “Good morning!”, as I boarded the bus.

I had to wait before I got on the bus. It seems that every time I take the #1 bus in the morning there is a man with these two small children who gets off on the stop I get on. He carries a small baby and a toddler by the hand when he gets off the bus. I suppose he’s dropping his daughters off to a daycare center. I think it’s nice that he takes care of his kids. I’m assuming he’s there father....

The light rail was on time. I again can’t tell who is driving the train. He has a newspaper up covering the view inside the driver’s car.

HIGHLIGHTS OF YESTERDAY: I actually finished work on time! I’m usually on time for work in the morning. I admit that I tend to dawdle towards the end of the shift. I’m not in a big rush to leave out in the evening. It’s not like I have a big family to rush home to or that there’s someone anxiously awaiting my return.

The other highlight was that I went to the laundromat. I hadn’t been there in a couple of months. I tend to wash my clothes over my father’s house. I couldn’t do this because the washing machine over there is broken.

I was surprised to find that the neighborhood laundromat is now owned by West Indians. Hopefully, the West Indians will do a good job in running the place.

I didn’t like going there much because the Asian woman that originally owned the place seemed to be permanently cranky and the place looked dirty and all the machines seemed to be broken. Also I hate the hideous lime colour of the laundromat. Hopefully, the West Indians will change it to a more pleasing colour.

The part of town I now live in is not where I grew up. I grew up near Bolton Hill and I’m used to nice clean laundromats where the owners actually cared about their establishment. The machines in my old neighborhood were newer and at one laundromat in particular they would let you dry your clothes for free. God, I miss that place!

WHAT I’M WEARING: Today, I have on an olive green long sleeved mock turtle neck pullover with black slacks and black canvas shoes.


link | posted by gail at 9:21 PM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com