IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Sunday, October 17, 2004

Today, I didn’t do much but try and recuperate from having to have come into work on Saturday.

An odd incident that happened yesterday was that I had to go into Dave’s office to get some extra work. While picking up work he told me that he thought I was kidding the other day when I left a message on his answering machine saying that I was sick. I don’t know why this made me feel uncomfortable. I really was sick. I have witnesses!

THE BALTIMORE MARATHON RUINED MY COMMUTE: Also, I found out late yesterday the reason for the bus stopping five blocks away from everyone’s stop. It turns out that there was some kind of a marathon being held yesterday. Despite this I still don’t understand why the bus driver had to stop so far away. I doubt that the marathon started at 5:45 in the morning!

Anyway, all public transportation was essentially screwed up yesterday except the light rail and subway system.

THE ANGELIC BUS DRIVER I have to say that after I got off of work it was very difficult to leave downtown Baltimore. I was trapped along with large crowds of people standing and waiting for a bus that seemed never to arrive.

Finally a bus did arrive, it was a #23. The driver was kind. He said that he was suppossed to let us all off at Greene Street but instead he would let us off several blocks up the street on Carey Street. This man has to be the kindest, sweetest, man to have ever driven an MTA bus. He saw our pain and helped up leave downtown Baltimore! God Bless Him!! Thanks to that kindly angelic bus driver I was able to finally leave downtown Baltimore. By the way the celebrity the bus driver most resembled was 80’s r&b singer, Ray Parker Jr.

SHORT RANT: I don’t understand why when they have things like marathons they never explain how it will affect riders of the MTA. They will tell car drivers what routes not to take but they never think of including MTA riders in there warnings. I suppose they assume that no one really uses public transportation so why bother explaining anything. Does any one really care about riders of public transportation? Are we all just invisible?

WHAT I’M WEARING: Today, I’m wearing a white long sleeved blouse with blue plaid pants and blue fuzzy slippers.


link | posted by gail at 7:49 PM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com