IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Friday, October 08, 2004


arihest, originally uploaded by willisgirl.

The above is a picture of New York singer/songwriter Ari Hest.

The bus was on time. This is a pretty good track record. Also it was driven by the stern looking woman. So I suppose I can assume that the line I take in the morning is the Murphy Brown bus no more. According to tradition hopefully she will be our driver up until Spring when they have there usual driver switch over. The one thing odd this morning was that we got the bus where there are just two very long rows of chairs. I hate this kind of bus. It leaves you with the only option but to stare at each other throughout the ride. It’s kind of like a very long couch. I like it best when there are two seats on each side of the bus in a row. This allows you to look out the window.

The light rail was on time it’s being driven by the gray haired man. The light rail baby is aboard. It’s wearing the blue jeans jacket and pants set. It just blew a giant snot bubble out it’s nose. I suppose it must have a cold or something.

The train is unusually cold this morning. I wonder if the driver is aware that the train is cold. I’m sure where he is sitting it’s probably warm and toasty.

WHERE I WENT LAST NIGHT: Last night I went to the Ari Hest concert at Mount Vernon Park. It was ok. It wasn’t on par with a pseudo religious experience like one would have seeing a U2 concert. Ok, maybe that’s just me... Anyway, Ari really does kind of look like a terrorist. I wonder if he’s always pulled aside whenever he takes airplanes. I know I would if I were in charge of airport security.

Anyway, the concert was pretty good. I didn't know that many of the songs that he played. Despite this I have no complaints and I had a pretty good time. I was in a pretty laid back mood as was the crowd gathered at Mount Vernon Park.

Ari had on a black and white t-shirt with black pants maybe black jeans. The t-shirt he had on had black quarter length sleeves with a picture of some guy exuberantly playing the guitar on the front.

He played his big WTMD radio hit, “They’re After Me”, as his final song of the evening. Also he did one song where he sang parts of XTC’s, Mayor of Simpleton. It was neat that he worked that song into one of his songs.

The opening act was a Baltimore group called June Bug. I don’t know anything about them. They don’t even have a website! Anyway, when I got there they were playing then I heard on the radio that Ari would be taking the stage at 7:00. So I left and came back around 7PM.

The only person I saw that I kind of sort of knew was the cute Asian guy who used to take the light rail with me in the morning. He’s very tall, thin, and seems to wear black 24-7. I haven’t seen him in weeks. I suppose he’s either gotten a job somewhere else, or is on vacation, or bought a car. Either way it was nice to see a familiar face in the crowd.

OUTFIT OF THE DAY: Today, I’m wearing a purple long sleeved Henley shirt with a white long sleeved shirt underneath. I’m also wearing blue jeans with beige canvas shoes along with it.


link | posted by gail at 2:22 PM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com