IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Friday, October 01, 2004

This morning I got my almost regular #20 bus. It was driven by the stern looking woman. I had to ask how much the bus fare was. I had to do this because I forgot to pick up my bus pass yesterday at work. Bus fare is 1.60, a day pass is 3.60. I had no idea it was that expensive to take the MTA! I’ll pick up my pass today.

Presidential DebateLast night I watched the Presidential debate. After watching it I feel that John Kerry clearly won. He was well prepared and I hate to say this he looked more Presidential. He was taller, wore a bright red tie, had a larger American flag pin, and did not slouch like George Bush did.

Bush’s whole message seemed to be, vote for me or we all die or if you don’t vote for me then the terrorists win. Throughout the entire evening he kept constantly pushing doom and gloom.

In the end with Bush you feel fearful about the future with Kerry you feel more hopeful that maybe things can be turned around.

CD’s OF THE WEEKThis week I got a new cd off of eBay. OK, it’s not entirely new it’s a dB’s cd called Stands For Decibels. As you may or may not know the dB’s came out during the 80’s. Their classic line up consisted of Peter Holsapple, (vocals,guitar, and keyboard)Chris Stamey(vocals,guitar, and keyboard), Gene Holder(bass), and Will Rigby(drums). I’ve always been interested in owning one of their cd’s. So finally one of my life time goals has been realized.

Also this week I got a new 90’s Modern Rock cd from Time Life. This one is really cool, it has Pure by the one hit wonders, The Lightning Seeds, Crush Story by Too Much Joy, The Only One I Know by Charlatans UK who have long since changed their name to The Charlatans. Overall, I really liked this cd because it consists of a lot of the stuff I was listening to when I was in school. An odd thing about the cd I have is that it isn’t listed on the Time/Life website... Anyway, on with the list in no particular order....

Bobby Darin-The Bobby Darin Story

The Raveonettes-Chain Gain of Love

The db’s-Stands For Decibels

Joy Division-Unknown Pleasures

Dean Martin-The Essential Dean Martin

Time/Life Modern Rock-The Early 90’s

OUTFIT OF THE DAYToday, I’m wearing a white t-shirt with a sailor motif. The shirt has a big anchor on it, blue and white stripes at the top and solid blue at the the bottom. I’m wearing my ‘sailor’ shirt with blue jeans and scruffy Payless tennis shoes.


link | posted by gail at 10:50 PM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com