IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Tuesday, September 21, 2004

Today, the bus was on time. However, when it arrived instead of saying #20, the sign read, Out Of Service. The stern looking bus driver was there only she wasn’t wearing her glasses. I should have known right then and there that something would go wrong.

The bus chugged along right until someone got off at the UMAB Medical School stop. When he got off the bus the driver had difficulty closing the doors. This was at around 5:45AM. She tried and tried to get the doors to close but they would not budge. Finally, she gave up and told us that another bus was on the way.

I had to catch my train at 5:50. I was unsure if I could walk all the way down to the light rail stop in under five minutes, but I got off the bus none the less. I was feeling antsy waiting to see if either another bus would come or that she could get the doors to close. I finally gave up and walked down the street with the throng of former bus passengers. Just as I started my walk down the street I noticed that the bus was also going down the street. Would she let us all back on the bus? She did! God/Goddess Bless the stern looking bus driver!!!

So after this little morning adventure I made it to the light rail stop on time! While there I saw the guy who works for the same company. He was having a very animated conversation with some man. I wasn’t sure if he saw me or not. He usually says, “Good morning!”, whenever I see him. Today, instead of saying good morning he said, “What’s up baby!” This was kind of surprising to me personally as no one has ever addressed me as baby before.

The lady who brings the baby was on the train this morning but there was no baby. I guess it’s getting too chilly to bring a baby out in the morning. God, I miss that baby!

Also, this morning we had our usual light rail driver. He’s a gray haired crotchety senior citizen. It seems he’s off every Monday. I guess he must get to keep Johnny Carson hours. Johnny Carson hours is a term I made up for people who work just four days a week. If you’re old enough you can probably recall that during the last years of Johnny Carson’s reign as host of the Tonight Show he worked just four days a week. On Monday nights he had a guest host or ran repeats of previous shows. I aspire to one day have Johnny Carson work weeks.

Yesterday, I painted. I mainly listened to WLG AM while I painted. They play music similar to Music From the Blue Light on Live365 Internet radio. I don’t know what it says about me that I like to paint while listening to Bobby Darin or Frank Sinatra.

Today, I’m wearing blue jeans, ancient Payless tennis shoes and a shirt I like to think of as my infamous pineapple shirt. I think of it that way because I have yet to see another human being sporting a t-shirt with a pineapple on it. The pineapple on the turquoise t-shirt is done in an almost abstract style adorned with rhinestones. It’s ironic in a sense that I would wear this shirt because I’m allergic to pineapples.


link | posted by gail at 10:45 PM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com