IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Friday, September 17, 2004

Today, the bus was on time and not crowded. The driver was again the stern looking woman. The light rail driver did not pull off immediately when he saw me. So it looks like I’m going to be on time.

I couldn’t help myself today. I said, “Hello!”, to that friendly Latino man that I always see on the bus and light rail in the morning. He seems to know every single Latino in Baltimore. I’m sure if he saw Ricky, the guy at work, he would probably know him.

An odd thing that happened on the train was that when I got on it there was this man singing acopella, “People Get Ready”. You know that song that includes the lines, “People get ready, there’s a train a comin’, Don’t need no ticket, you just climb aboard.” I think it was originally done by Curtis Mayfield or maybe the Isley Brothers. Anyway, I found his choice of song ironic. Also, I should note that he had a lovely singing voice.

Today, the lady bought the baby on the light rail train again. Yay! I missed seeing that baby the previous day. He always seems so curious and cheery in the morning as he peers around from his mother’s arms.

You know I’m not quiet sure if it’s a boy or a girl? One day it’s in pink, today it’s wearing a white long sleeve shirt with blue and gold stripes. I don’t think it would be right if I went up to her and ask, “Ms. is that a boy or a girl?” Then again it’s kind of hard to tell when they are that young. He/she doesn’t have a lot of hair yet. Right now it’s just cute and gender less.

Today, I’m wearing an oversized olive green shirt with a yellow flower design across the top, along with blue jeans and black canvas tennis shoes aka the Walmart $3.00 shoes.

Most listened to cd’s this week. Two cd’s that have been held over from last week are, Bobby Darin and That’s Entertainment. Overall, this week I was going for an eclectic mix. My mix included a Gilbert and Sullivan operetta to a French ambient synth-pop duo. Below is the most listened to cd’s at my desk in no particular order.

Phase 4 Stereo:Gilbert and Sullivan:HMS Pinafore,

That’s Entertainment Soundtrack,

They Might Be Giants-Flood,

Bobby Darin-The Bobby Darin Story,

Air-Talkie Walkie


link | posted by gail at 1:03 AM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com