IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Wednesday, September 22, 2004

Today, I had a scheduled day off. I figured it would be the pagan thing to do. As you may know today is the first day of fall or as we call it Mabon. I didn’t go out and do anything special for Mabon. I just stayed home watched soaps and lit a few candles.

Yesterday, I went over my father’s house to pick up some books I ordered on Amazon.com. The books that arrived were, The Curious Incident of the Dog In The Night-Time by Mark Haddon and Oil Pastel: Materials and Techniques For Today’s Artist by Kenneth Leslie. I ordered the latter book because folks on the wetcanvas oil pastel board have been raving about it.

The visit over my father’s house was pleasant. It seems that Little David has moved in and his sister, Alexis has moved out. I’m sure she’ll be back. Every few months she leaves in a huff and threatens to never come back!! I believe her next scheduled time to become angry at the family and vow never to come back will be around January. Also, I’m happy to report that their phone is turned back on! My father believes that the main reason Alexis left is because she can not scrape enough money together to pay for next month’s phone bill. I know how she feels. When I was around her age I was responsible for the cable bill.

I suppose this can be considered an odd tradition in our family. No adult child living at home that has a job in our family pays rent, they just gain responsibility for a utility bill. To the best of my knowledge no one has been brave enough to let their offspring gain full responsibility of the gas and electric bill.

When it was time for me to leave my father’s house he generously paid my cab fare. The cabbie that arrived was an American and very talkative. He wore dread locks and kept going on and on about vegetarian places to eat around town. It seems that it was getting close to his lunch break and he was hungry. He told me about this great vegan restaurant he likes to go to called, The Yabba Pot. By his descriptions alone it made me want to go there and try out the food, even though I’m not a vegan. I am by the way a chubby, vegetarian, semi-dread locked, tree hugging, hippy chick.

Right now I’m wearing a blue flower print night shirt with blue fuzzy slippers.


link | posted by gail at 11:21 PM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com