IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Saturday, November 06, 2004

I got up early because my return visit to the dentist’s office is on a Saturday. I had to be there at 10AM. I was rushing like a fiend to get there on time. I took a cab instead of the #5 bus which runs by his office. I did this because I hadn’t the foggiest idea how the #5 runs on Saturdays.

When I finally got to the office not a car was in sight. Usually, the place is swamped with cars. Then I looked down at my appointment card in horror my appointment is for NEXT SATURDAY!! That means that I spent $9.00 on cab fare for nothing. Well all was not lost.

Luckily, I remembered that there is a supermarket near the dentist’s office. While there I finished up my weekly grocery shopping chores. It was neat to visit a foreign supermarket. Ok, I know Stop, Shop, and Save is far from foreign, but the layout of the place was a different world to me. It was like visiting another country where everyone spoke english and you’re sure to find your favorite grocery staples like Turkey Hill Green Tea made with Ginseng and Honey or Strawberrry flavored Quick.

When I got home there was a man with a ladder in front of the house painting away at the window frames. He wore a walkman. There was a tarp on the steps. I paused for a minute. Should I go inside or wait till he finished up? My bags were getting heavy so I stepped on the tarp and went inside.

I really wanted to do my laundry today. I decided to hold off on doing it until tommorrow. I really have to call up my dad to see if the washing machine is fixed or if he bought a new one...

WHAT I’M WEARING: Today, I have on a sage green sweatshirt with jeans and generic looking tennis shoes.


link | posted by gail at 6:14 PM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com