IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Tuesday, November 02, 2004

I left out the house to vote around 7:30AM. When I walked down the street to the polling place I was surprised to see that there was already a long line there. The line was so long that two people left in frustration. I hope that they came back later in the day. All in all I suppose they were just too wimpy to wait in line. I, however, will not be deterred!!!

While in line a few people were talking about Michael Moore’s movie and how it had motivated them. One of the poll workers there had on a P. Diddy, Vote or Die t-shirt. It was great to be line with a lot of like minded people who were devoted to getting Bush out of office. I remember thinking to myself, “George Bush, pack your bags because you are so out of here!”

A little after 8AM I left the voting area and headed to the hospital to get my blood drawn for tests that Dr. Udolff had ordered yesterday.

All the while this was going on I was listening to the Howard Stern Show. Listening to him really pumped me up. I can’t get Al Franken’s Air America so the only liberal outlet I can tune into on Baltimore’s airwaves is Howard Stern. Listening to Stern and some of his callers makes me feel that it’s inevitable, Bush will be leaving office. Only an absolute moron would keep him in office. I can feel it on my bones, President Kerry here we come!!!

After getting my blood drawn I caught a cab to the dentists office. I wasn’t quiet sure of the address of the office. The only thing I knew for sure was the street name the office is on. Not knowing the street number I gave the driver the street name and he immediately knew where I wanted to go. I had no idea that his office was that well known around the city.

While there I find that they will have to extract an tooth. That’s ok with me. I’m off today and tomorrow. Besides, I’m feeling good, the reign of Bush’s Evil Empire is in it’s twilight hours.

As usual half my family was at the dentist’s office. I said hello to my cousin and her two sons, Laurence and Marshall. I would know Laurence anywhere. He once held elected office. In the past his mug has been all over the media. However, when I first saw Marshall without the benefit of an introduction from his mother I though he was a rather good looking accountant checking the books. Imagine my shock to find out that the man I was checking out was my cousin! Yikes! I hadn’t seen him since I was a little kid and that was at a family reunion held over 20 years ago at their house.
In case your wondering they are both a few years my senior.

Anyway, after being re-inroduced, Marshall asked me if I had voted today I told him I had.

It seemed like every one, every where I went were asking each other if they had voted. I had never seen the likes of this before in the black community. There were people out on loudspeakers urging people to vote. I even saw a bit of a parade at another polling place again urging folks to vote.

WHAT I’M WEARING: Today, I have on blue jeans, black canvas tennis shoes, and lavender pullover.


link | posted by gail at 7:17 PM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com