IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Saturday, February 26, 2005


trixrabbit2, originally uploaded by willisgirl.

This is a picture of what I saw at the supermarket taken at a very safe distance.

This morning I went to Metro Supermarket which has recently changed it’s name to Shoppers Food Warehouse, previous to that they were called Basics. I don’t know why they keep changing their name. It seems kind of fishy...

As you may or may not recall SFW/Metro/Basics is located in the county so I have to take a bus to get there. I haven’t been there in several weeks. Instead I’ve been grocery shopping at my local Giant Supermarket. I don’t like going to Giant because to me everything is grossly overpriced and the check out aisles seem to be designed to induce claustrophobia.

So I decided to change my routine and hop on a bus heading into the county. As I’ve said before I hadn’t been there in weeks. Imagine my surprise when I headed in the door and saw a giant bunny in the produce section! I was frightened out of my mind. Then I relaxed as I realized that the bunny probably wasn't going to attack me. He was probably there for some sort of a Easter promotion. Just to be safe I did avoid direct eye contact with the bunny and his female handlers who were taking pictures of him with customers.

Then I walked out of the produce section towards the dry goods section. As I was walking towards the aisle I kept my eyes on the bunny. He seemed kind of shifty. You never know with bunnies they might just attack you out of the blue for a bowl of cereal or something... Then as I got nearer to the dry goods aisle I saw a giant red headed cartoon head bobbing up and down in a green costume. What the heck does a giant red headed man have to do with Easter???What the hell is going on in this store!


trixrabbit1, originally uploaded by willisgirl.

This is another picture taken at a very safe distance. As you can see the bunny is very friendly with it's handler...

To assure myself of sanity and to obtain proof of what I saw. I took out my camera from a safe distance and took pictures of the bunny. Unfortunetly, my batteries were running low so I couldn't tave any pictures of the big headed man. Then as I looked further down the store towards the baked goods aisle I saw a pudgy life size dough man wearing a chef’s hat. When I saw the giant dough man I felt better. It all began to make sense.

The rabbit wasn’t just an Easter Bunny it must be the Trix cereal rabbit! That poor rabbit has never eaten a bowl of his own cereal. He’s been shamelessly discriminated against for years. Constantly taunted by the children in the commercials that, “Silly rabbit! Trix are for kids!” I feel for that poor starving rabbit!

The big headed man must be the Lucky Charms Leprechaun for Lucky Charms cereal. The tag line to his commercials when he sings, “They’re magically delicious!” Frankly, I’ve always found the Lucky Charms Leprechaun a bit annoying. I find his over the top Irish accent a bit too much. However, I do like when he sings that Lucky Charms are Magically Delicious. I don’t know it just makes me smile... If only he’d just shut up and sing!

The dough man wearing the chef’s hat was of course
Poppin’ Fresh
aka the Pillsbury Doughboy. I’ve adored Poppin’ Fresh all my life! I love how in tv commercials someone always tickles the little dough man’s belly and he lets out a giggle. He’s so cute and adorable. I’d know my beloved Pillsbury Doughboy anywhere! Ahhhh, Poppin’ Fresh!

I still can’t believe I was getting freaked out by seeing guys dressed up as American advertising icons. I still didn’t get close enough to them to see what the in store promotional campaign was about. All I could see was people either ignoring them or gawking and taking pictures with them.

WHAT I’M WEARING:
Today, I have on a black Doctor Who sweatshirt. Under the sweatshirt I have on a white turtleneck pullover. I’m also wearing blue jeans and white Nike tennis shoes. Oh, my god I’m wearing shoes that have a recognizable brand name!! Stop the Presses!!


link | posted by gail at 10:42 AM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com