IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Tuesday, February 22, 2005


oneday, originally uploaded by willisgirl.

Every single mode of transportation I take was on time this morning, even the light rail shuttle bus. To be honest with you guys I’m not used to the Baltimore MTA being this efficient.

ONE DAY AT A TIME REUNION
I’ll probably be watching this tonight on television. As I’ve probably written before it’s rare for me to watch anything on tv other than DVD’s.

The reason I’ll be watching this tonight is simple. I liked watching the show as a kid. This was one of the shows that my family would gather around to watch. Well, to be more precise, the female members of my family liked to gather around and watch it. For some reason the show was like kryptonite to my dad and brother.

>One Day at a Time ran from 1975 to 1984 on the CBS network. It was the first series on American television to be about a single divorced mother raising two teenage daughters on her own. The show starred >Bonnie Franklin who played single mother, Ann Romano. Her character after the divorce took on her maiden name of Romano and preferred to be called, Ms. Her two teenage daughters were Julie and Barbara Cooper.

The rebellious eldest daughter, Julie, was played by Mackenzie Phillips. Phillips previous acting role was in American Graffiti. Infamously, throughout the show’s run she was on and off the show due to various substance abuse problems. Also Phillips as everyone probably knows is the daughter of John Phillips, the founder of the 60’s pop group, The Mama’s and The Papa’s.

Barbara, the level headed younger daughter, was played by >Valerie Bertinelli. This was Ms. Bertinelli’s first ever acting job. It should be noted that Bertinelli has appeared nearly annually in made for TV movie’s since 1979. Bertinelli went on to marry a man who looked just like her, Van Halen guitar god, Eddie Van Halen.

My all time favorite character on the show was building superintendent, Dwayne Schneider played by veteran actor, Pat Harrington Jr.. To the best of my knowledge Harrington never had a substance abuse problem or married a rock star. He was a solid comedy actor.

The only disappointing thing I can think of as far as the reunion show is concerned is that Howard Hesseman who played Sam Royer will not be appearing on the show. Hesseman’s Royer character married Ann Romano late in the series run. Also Boyd Gaines who played his son Mark Royer will not be appearing. Gaines’ Royer character married Ann’s daughter, Barbara. I suppose Gaines is busy on Broadway appearing in something. Over the years he has won a number of Tony awards. I’m sure I’ve mentioned that I saw on stage a million years ago when he had the title role in Center Stage’s production of Oscar Wilde’s, The Importance of Being Ernest.

Despite these two no shows I will still be watching the reunion special. I can’t wait to see all the old show clips and to see how everyone has aged over the years.

WHAT I’M WEARING:
Today, I have on a blue, yellow, and white fair isle knit sweater. Under the sweater I have on a blue flannel long sleeve shirt. I’m also wearing blue jeans along with blue suede shoes.


link | posted by gail at 12:24 AM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com