IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Friday, September 23, 2005

SUMMER POST MORTEM



Since yesterday was the first day of fall, aka Mabon, I feel it appropriate to do my What I Did Over the Summer post.




, originally uploaded by willisgirl.

This summer the Towson Commons and The Charles Theatre were practically my home away from home. I spent many hours over the weekend whiling my time away in those movie theatres. I feel as though I know every square inch of those places. I am also starting to recognize the staff by face. I wonder if they look back at me and think, there she goes again!

Also this summer I feel sad that the book store that was down the street from The Towson Commons is now closed. It appears that the big bad Barnes and Nobles that opened up across the street a couple of years ago has finally gobbled them up. I feel even sadder that I can’t remember the name of the store that I feel sad about....

The fashion trend for me this summer was that I wore skirts and sandals nearly every day. On the weekends I wore shorts. I even wore them to church.

The absolute highlight of the summer for me was having two paintings that sold in the real world as opposed to the virtual world of eBay! One was a poster I did for the Sowebo Festival the other was a painting that was in the members only Big Show at the Creative Alliance. Also this year I was in three gallery shows, two at the Creative Alliance and the other at Sowebo Fest.

All in all it was a summer of art, movies, skirts, and sandals.


, originally uploaded by willisgirl.

The above picture is a mixed media piece that I completed the other day. The media used in the painting consisted of acrylic paint (black suit, grey belt, white shirt), oil pastel (blue background, all elements of face, hair, and shading of belt and shirt), and regular chalk pastel (paper foundation colour of orange and yellow).



WHAT I AM WEARING:Today, I have on a pink shirt sleeve floral blouse, beige cotton shorts, and tan leather sandals.


link | posted by gail at 4:28 PM |


4 Comments:

Blogger freaker126 commented at 10:48 PM~  

cool...

Blogger Zenchick commented at 1:24 PM~  

It was Border's, and don't be sad...it's moved up to Timonium.

Anonymous Anonymous commented at 9:25 PM~  

I just went to the Charles last night to watch Broken Flowers after finding out the CAmm Slam was sold out, 10 minute movies through the Creative Alliance. Poop. But the Charles is nice too.

Anonymous Anonymous commented at 10:32 PM~  

I didn't know where to post so I'm posting it here too:



Gail,

You know what, I actually liked the ending. . .and I didn't want to. I think you're right though, it had no ending. For me, right now, there are some things in life that do not have endings. I really liked that last bit of confusion, the wave of thinking that one kid was his son, then realizing he wasn't, then thinking that kid in the car might have been, then thinking he might not have been. . .mirrors so much of my life right now. Something about sorrow, or those things in your life for which you have no answers. In the movie you almost felt like you might never know, and then the movie kicks you in the end because you never do know. Oh my. Frustrating. Kind of you to come by. Thanks for taking the time!

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com