IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Tuesday, September 20, 2005


oilpastel01, originally uploaded by willisgirl.

The above is an oil pastel painting I completed while listening to a new cd I bought.


The other day I was at the mall and on a whim I bought a New Age meditation cd. I have always wondered if meditation cd’s worked. The one I bought is supposed to help you access artistic vision, spark spontaneous insight and discover your inner genius. The cd I got is called, Creative Mind System 2.0 by Dr. Jeffrey Thompson. I figured that if it does not work then I am just out 12 bucks.

The cd claims to use something called entrainment. It also claims that the music on the cd is derived from a common pattern of brain wave activity found in highly creative individuals. I do recall a couple of years ago reading a story about how scientists can transform brain wave sound into music. However, I’m not sure if the technology used on the cd is legitimate or not because 99.9% of the websites that mention entrainment are trying to sell you meditation cd’s.

Also, I’m absolutely surprised that I found it hard to find any type of University studies on the web that either confirmed or denied the efficacy of listening to meditation cd’s that are based on principles of entrainment. Oh, well......

All in all the music on the cd is very pretty. It’s reminiscent of the stuff you might hear on NPR’s music from Hearts of Space. I’ll report back on this topic in six weeks to let you guys know if it’s all just New Age Music or if I’ve created my Mona Lisa just by listening to the cd. Then again it might just have a placebo effect on me.... Only time will tell.

WHAT I’M WEARING:
Today, I have on a floral short sleeve top that almost reminds me of the type of floral design you might see on flannel night gowns. The pants I have on are green and the shoes I have on are generic beige canvas tennis shoes.


link | posted by gail at 12:06 AM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com