IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

You know I can’t help but notice that over the past few days my blog has taken on a slightly political bent. The main reason for this is that I am fed up with Bush’s handling of the Hurricane Katrina disaster which only reminds me of the wonderful job he’s done with the war on Iraq.

I feel sad to admit this but I come from a very political family. I have a former Maryland Congressmen, a former Baltimore City Council President, two former Baltimore City Councilmen , as well as the former head of the NAACP in my family. So I suppose being political unbeknownst to me has been second nature. Or perhaps having an opinion be it on politics or whether or not Paul McGann should appear in the next season of Dr. Who, is just part of being human. I have heard a saying many times that opinions are like assholes, everyone has one.

So below is my opinion on the progress of a local Baltimore afternoon radio show....




, originally uploaded by willisgirl.

Former Baltimore Police Chief and convicted felon, Ed Norris



THE ED NORRIS SHOW.....11-3 PM on WHFS 105.7

Today’s show was fantastic. Ed Norris hit the ground running. He was angry about something and boy did it make for great radio.

In my opinion this show has improved by leaps and bounds. I believe the key ingredient to the show’s improvement was allowing designated bad boy, Chad Dukes, to be on from beginning to end. In my opinion the show goes from black and white to colour whenever he’s on.

I also like the interesting team up of the former police chief with the overly opinionated 20something. It gives you an interesting dynamic of the voice of experience versus the brashness of youth.

I hope that they will continue to have good shows like they did today. Then again since the station is owned by Infinity Broadcasting they just might get replaced next week. Oh, well..... My only question is, “What became of Chad Dukes former on air partner of two weeks ago, Oscar, aka The Big O?”

WHAT I’M WEARING:
Today, I have on a dark paisley skirt along with a short sleeve denim coloured henley and tan flip flops.


link | posted by gail at 10:21 PM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com