IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Wednesday, September 07, 2005

gilligan


gilligan, originally uploaded by willisgirl.

THE WORLD MOURNS.....



Today, I like the rest of the world was in mourning over the news of Bob Denver’s death. Denver has kept me as well as countless others around the world entertained for years with his antics as Gilligan on the aptly titled Gilligan’s Island. It’s kind of nice to know that even after his death his work will live on in syndication for several generations to come. Despite Denver’s cultural and international triumph as Gilligan I will always remember him for something that happened in 1998.

In 1998 Denver was arrested for possession of marijuana. I remember feeling shocked because the thought had never crossed my mind that senior citizens smoked pot. I always thought of pot as something that only teenagers, college students, and people who followed the Grateful Dead or Phish did.

As you can imagine Denver’s arrest was a major eye opening experience for me. It also opened up my eyes to the realization as to why it was difficult for the castaways to leave the island.... Gilligan was a pothead!

DUKES IS BACK.....

I don’t know why I did it today. I suppose it was force of habit. During my lunch break I tuned into WHFS and heard Chad Dukes back on air! However, the Big O and Dukes Show is still defunct. It appears that Ed Norris has him on as member of his. Dukes will also have his own show on AM with Bill Rohland. Rohland, ironically enough auditioned for the show that Dukes won then lost out to Ed Norris. Ed Norris was a regular guess on the show that Dukes got fired from.

Either Dukes is well liked at the office or Maynard let him on the damning photos he might have of upper management....

So far there’s no word on Big O’s fate.

WHAT I’M WEARING:
Today, I have on a striped pink and orange v-neck shirt and a beige skirt. I feel like a walking scoop of orange sherbert. That’s OK because my favourite flavour of ice cream is sherbert.


link | posted by gail at 10:35 PM |


6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous commented at 9:45 AM~  

I listen to Opie and Anothony on XM Radio and they're trying to find five local radio shows whose hosts are nearing the ends of their contracts that they can bring over to XM. The first show they've brought to XM is Ron & Fez, which was on in Baltimore briefly (and on in DC a while longer) and starts next week. Whenever they talk about who else to bring Big O and Dukes always comes up during the discussion. So who knows. They may be back. You just might have to pay $12.95 to listen to them (although it's really worth it... really).

Blogger gail commented at 8:57 PM~  

The main issue I have with XM is that I don't own a car and as far as I know it's not portable like a walkman. If it were portable technology I'd sign up for it in a heartbeat. BTW, it's nice to hear from you again! :)

Blogger Java Boo Boo commented at 9:30 PM~  

Orange Sherbert... I haven't had that in years. Tasty!

I never really watched Gilligan's Island all that much (I'm 30 fwiw).

Blogger intoxik8 commented at 4:35 AM~  

Thanks for checking out my site and for the compliment although i still have a long way to go with that !

Wish I could comment something more relevant to your post but I have absolutely no idea who any of these people are, the pink and shirt sounds great though :)

Blogger Mr. Shife commented at 12:49 PM~  

Actually Gail they do have portable satellite radios out now. My little bro has one and he loves it.

Blogger The 502 commented at 5:52 PM~  

Just another tidbit about Bob Denver. The small township I grew up in had an expensive hotel nearby. Famous people would stay there all the time. One night, my father helped Bob Denver up after he passed out from drinking too much. He was lying in the grassy center median of a 4-lane highway. He was halfway back to the hotel from the bar across the street.

In Reason,
The 502

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com