IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

END OF A BRIEF RADIO ERA.....

It’s now official Big O and Dukes are off the air on WHFS and Ed Norris has taken there place. Somehow, I’m not shocked or surprised by this change of events. It was inevitable. When Ed Norris came back off of house arrest you just knew that there show would be toast. Who’s the bigger draw two unknown twenty-somethings or the ex Baltimore Police Chief who happens to be an ex-con?

While listening to Norris fly solo I felt bored out of mind. There was nothing upbeat or funny about it. It sounded like and other random talk show on the dial. The only reason I listened to the show in it’s past (Miles and Thrill) and post-present incarnation (Big O and Dukes) was that it was different. It was a local talk show that didn’t take itself too seriously. It was a talk show that prided itself in having a sense of humor. I’m afraid that the Ed Norris Show will take itself too seriously and be just another glum, doom and gloom local talk show.

So I guess I’ll be going back to listening to the old iPod through out my work day. Well up until 10 AM. I still need my daily dose of Josh Spiegel doing the news.

You know after all that’s happened today, there’s one thing I can’t figure out. Why is it that Maynard is still employed there? He used to work on Rouse and Company morning show then everyone on the show got fired earlier this year, except him. Then later this year he’s the producer for O and D now they’re gone yet he remains. The guy must be made of teflon or something. Personally, I think he’s got photos of all the higher ups in compromising positions. I don’t know, I just find it weird that the guy survives every major shake up at Infinity Radio.

WHAT I’M WEARING:
Today, I have on an olive green shirt that has thin stripes across it of blue, dark blue and charcoal grey. Along with the top I have on a dark blue skirt.


link | posted by gail at 9:33 PM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com