IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Sunday, September 18, 2005


oilpastel02, originally uploaded by willisgirl.

This is an oil pastel I did a while ago. I'm including it with this post because the girl in it reminds me of the girls who constantly flanked the African dictators son in Lord Of War.

AT CHURCH;


Today, I walked over to church. I’ve never done that before. Since I walked all the way over there I was sweating profusely when I got there.

I liked the fact that today’s service opened up with Pachbell’s Canon in D. Canon is D is one of my all time favourite classical music pieces. Today’s sermon was called, Sharing the Dream. It had something or other to do with being called to your own ministry. I wasn’t quiet sure if the message was to go out and become an official Unitarian minister.

AFTER CHURCH:

The movie I saw after I left church was Lord of War. I found it to be a very powerful and though provoking movie. If you are against guns and war this is a movie you have to see. The movie was even endorsed by Amnesty International.

The movie is an action adventure story set in the world of international arms dealers. Nicholas Cage plays Ukranian-American arms dealer, Yuri Orlov. The movie follows Yuri from the start of his operation in the 80’s up till present day. Cage’s character declares in the movie that he has sold guns to very army but the Salvation Army. Also in the movie he said that he never sold guns to Osoma Bin Laden, not on any moral grounds, but because he had a reputation for bouncing checks.

Two of the scariest characters in this movie that will stick in my head for ever are Eamonn Walker as the self declared President of Liberia, Andre Baptiste Sr. and his trigger happy son Andre Baptiste Jr, played by Sammi Rotibi. Those two were absolute psychopaths. They would kill people sport. The scenes in this movie of Liberia were like postcards from hell.

Overall, I would recommend you see this movie if you are anti-gun. If you are pro-gun then you might feel comfortable with the movies anti-gun message.

WHAT I’M WEARING:

Today, I have on a magenta short sleeve top along with green khaki shorts and beige canvas tennis shoes.


link | posted by gail at 11:35 PM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com