IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Monday, October 23, 2006

I feel it sad to report that this morning I was late for work. Despite this small set back it was a a very productive day.

After work I headed down to the main library where I picked up some art books as well as a couple of books on cd. I had not been to the library since last spring.

Because of this as I was checking out my books the elderly librarian who was tending the desk asked me if I had anything with my address on it. The only thing I could find was my pill bottle for Metformin.

When she read the label to find my name and address she immediately knew what they were for. Her eyes literally sparkled with recognition. She then asked me how many I have to take a day. I told her three a day. She told me that I was lucky. Which makes me wonder how did she mean that I was lucky? What is the norm for diabetics to take? How many did she have to take a day? Or did she mean that I was lucky that I was diagnosed early as opposed to late in life like the majority of patients are.

Then she went on to tell me that almost everyone in her family over 60 had diabetes. I did not know quiet how to respond to this as she was clearly much older than me. I was clearly much younger than her and had a disorder where the majority of patients are senior citizens.

Maybe, I should have told her that a lot of my aunts as well as my late mother had diabetes. They also were diagnosed in there 60's. Then maybe I should have told that my sister was diagnosed realitively early (40something) with diabetes. Since we both have a family history of diabetes we could be considered on a fast track for ultra thorough blood sugar testing. Then again who knows maybe if someone was dilligently testing my aunts and my mothers blood sugar they might have noticed irregularities in there 30's and 40's instead of there 60's.

The last thing the librarian asked me as I was about to leave was, was I any relation to Bruce? Wow! I had not heard that since high school. So I laughed as I said no. The Bruce in question she was asking about was actor, Bruce Willis. Bruce Willis was recently in town filming a sequel to Die Hard.WHAT IM WEARING:
Today, I have on blue jeans, a turtleneck that is coloured ecru. It has a design on it of flowers and small plaid cloths. I also have on my Reebok walking shoes and my fall/spring lined jacket that is green, grey, blue, and white.

WALKING LOG

STEPS....11044
MILES....2.44
CALORIES BURNED....387


link | posted by gail at 6:11 PM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com