IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Friday, January 19, 2007

MORNING COMMUTE:
I was late again for work. Damn the MTA!

MAUREEN MCGOVERN AT THE BSO
This evening I went to the BSO mainly because I have season tickets. I think I like going there because it gives me something to do and to write about. Anyway, right here and now I should state I know absolutely nothing about Maureen McGovern other than she sang the Academy Award winning theme to the classic 1972 disaster movie, The Poseiden Adventure. The name of the song was The Morning After. So coming into tonights show I had no idea what to expect. All I knew going in was that the show would feature music from legendary Broadway composer, Richard Rodgers. So I figured at the very least I should hear some warm and familiar songs that I know and love.

First off I have to say that this has to have been hands down the worst show I have seen thus far at the BSO this year. The whole fiasco was reminiscent of my experience of seeing The Red Hot Chilli Peppers last year at Virgin Fest. The Chili Peppers while at Virgin Fest played everything but the hits they were known for. Tonights show at the BSO was soley for the delight of Mizz McGovern. Instead of singing the hit music that Richard Rodgers is known for she decided to sing obscure Richard Rodgers songs that SHE loved. To be fair she did do a very rushed 3 minute montage of Richard Rodgers better known songs from South Pacific, The King and I, Carousel, and The Sound of Music. I thought that perhaps later in the show she would revisit those songs with longer version. But Nooo! Mizz McGovern then decided to do only Richard Rodgers songs SHE liked, damn what the audience came there for. I will never again as I live see another show featuring Mizz Self Indulgent Maureen McGovern.

WHAT I AM WEARING:
Today, I have on blue jeans, Nike MaxAir shoes, and a purple turtleneck with a leaf design on it.

WALKING STATS

STEPS....11289
MILES....4.45
CALORIES BURNED....507


link | posted by gail at 8:27 PM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com