IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Saturday, July 14, 2007

SATURDAY OVERTIME
Today, I decided to do overtime because quiet frankly I need the money. Ever since the incident of last week and living on 40 dollars for two weeks I felt I should do some overtime.

As per usual I am late. I do not know why but I tend to be late when I do Saturday overtime. I usually come in around 8 instead of 7. Ive been doing this ever since I started working at my job about 8 years ago. So far no one has said anything to me about it. After work I intend on going to the movies to see Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix and Transformers. I may see one today and the other tommorrow after Church.

PANDORA MUSIC SERVICE
Yesterday, I while listening listening to NPR’s, All Things Considered I learned of an increase in internet radio fees. The fees as I understand are going up on Monday. They are so high that it will force some internet radio stations to close. The only internet radio stations I listen to are Virgin Radio and Live 365. On the show they had a representative from Pandora, an internet radio station that I have never listened to before. The music that Pandora plays is individually taylored to your musical tastes. It is a part of the Music Genome Project . From the description of how the station works I decided to give it a listen to.

The station I started first was based on the one song I have had on iPod the longest. In fact it was one of the first songs I immediately put on it after I bought it. I have never felt the need to erase it. I love that song! It makes me feel happy. Its Sugar, Sugar by The Archies. After I chose that song to start a station with the very next song that played was Carrie Anne by The Hollies. This had me immediately stunned. Guess what other song has been on my iPod for a very long time? CARRIE ANNE BY THE HOLLIES! So there you have it Silent Gail has a thing for sixties bubblegum music and is dumbfounded with joy over Pandora.

So far Pandora has been a great success for me. I suppose I will make up other stations based on other songs and artists I like.

Below for kicks I have included videos to two of the songs that have been on my iPod the longest, Sugar Sugar by The Archies and Carrie Anne by The Hollies. As an extra viewing bonus the video for The Archies shows Ron Dante not that cartoon characters singing. The video for Carrie Anne is a 60’s era black and white psychedelic promo clip. ITS FAR OUT MAN!



SUGAR SUGAR by THE ARCHIES (Ron Dante)



CARRIE ANNE by THE HOLLIES


WALKING LOG
STEPS....12051
MILES....2.28
CALORIES BURNED....449


link | posted by gail at 8:47 AM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com