IMPEACH GEORGE BUSH!! GJ Willis' Art Notes

The Adventures and Misadventures of a Neer Do Well Artist Living in Baltimore.

My Photo
Name:
Location: Baltimore, Maryland, United States

I am a visual artist and writer living in Baltimore. I don't have any artist friends. Frankly, artists scare me, there so darn flaky. The above picture is either of me or proof that I'm a pretty decent artist. My goal is to be a self sufficient artist, whereas I wouldn't have to do something else in the day in order to eke out an existence. I also like to attend various cultural events around town. I go to plays, the symphony, etc. Also, I have Asperger's Syndrome. I found this out recently and it has explained a heck of a lot as to why I am as I am.

Previous Posts Favourite Links

The WeatherPixie

www.flickr.com
willisgirl's photos More of willisgirl's photos


Free counters provided by Honesty.com.

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?

Tuesday, January 01, 2008

HAPPY NEW YEAR
I spent the new year eating a gingerbread house I bought from Swiss Colony. I did not watch any regular TV. Instead this morning I watched National Treasure:Book of Secrets. The copy of this I watched on the internet was good. The last copy I tried to watch was not very good in that I can now see that it was chopped up and difficult to follow because key points in the movie were cut out. This copy was complete and coherent. The last one I saw had scenes missing. Which made it difficult to follow. The movie was good. Oddly, enough I had no idea that this was a sequel. I suppose I will have to see if I can obtain a copy of the first movie. From the ending of the movie it looks like there will be a sequel.

Later in the evening I watched ITs a Wonderful Life on a site that mostly has old movies that are in the public domain. I do not know why but my favourite part in the movie is when George Bailey gets mad and starts yelling at Uncle Billy then next his kids. Then his wife Mary says, George Must You Torture the Children! I just find that part laugh out loud funny.

Later I saw Jeremy Brett as Sherlock Holmes in my favourite Holmes story, The Man with the Twisted Lip. I found it on another site that primarily shows movies that are in the public domain. After that I watched Basil Rathbone play Sherlock Holmes in Dressed to Kill. I never understood the title. The movie seemed to be taking place in the 40s and not the Victorian era like the Sir Arthur Conan Doyle stories do. I suppose it probably had something to do with budget.

By the way I have read all the Sherlock Holmes stories penned by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle. I have a two volume set of them that I bought as a teenager via the Quality Paperback Book Club. Currently, I am revisting the Sherlock Holmes radio show on CD. I have a two disk cd set of them. All the shows are dramatised versions of Conan Doyles stories that appeared in The Strand Magazine. The radio series has who else but Basil Rathbone and Nigel Bruce. I have to say that the guy who is Jeremy Brett’s Doctor Watson seems a lot more brighter than previous incarnations of that character.

WALKING LOG
STEPS....263
MILES....0.09
CALORIES BURNED....0


link | posted by gail at 8:41 PM |


0 Comments:

Want to Post a Comment?

powered by Blogger | designed by mela

Get awesome blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com